9th annual pine barrens cleanup!

Yellowdog

Aug 20, 2010
monday 4 pm just got home we bought almost 800 dollars worth of toys for "toy for tots" at the wallmart this morning with the left over money this year and they gave us a 10% discount!
..plus the couple hundred dollars worth that people donated..we gave over 1k in toys

pics soon

THANK YOU EVERYONE WHO CAME AND WAS RESPONSIBLE {over 300 people signed in!!!}

except you know who

gipsie

Explorer
Sep 14, 2008
atlantic county
I had the best team with Chris and Dave and the whole crew I got to the cabins Saturday evening and we had a BLAST!!! I saw Terry, met her hubby and friends and then met Mike and the rest. We laughed and talked until late night (early morning?) and they are an awesome group of people!

Saturday morning came and when I saw all the Jeeps there at 8:30 I knew we were in for something special! It was a little crazy signing everyone in and passing out gloves and bags and then directing traffic to get everyone out, but we did it and soon I had the best pilot ever. We had some great conversation and got so much accomplished.

When we pulled inthe first time, I got out, went and got my Jeep and helped at the dumpsters until it was time to go to the Pic. Another fantastic time. Lots of awesome door prizes (a refrigerator and a winch among them) and a 50/50 worth $400 to the winner!

Back to the cabins and another evening of great convesation and laughs.

This morning was the kicker! After paying the Pic yesterday and the 50/50, it was time to go Toys for Tots shopping with the left over money ($750). We went to Walmart and I spoke to the manager and told him what we were doing. He gave us a 10% discount on our purchases. We wound up buying 4 bicycles and a ton of toys and loaded them into a trailer and brought them to Batsto to drop off.

It was the BEST cleanup ever!!! So rewarding and so much fun! Hopefully a lot of the pics will be posted and whatever is mailed to me I will post as well.

Keep your eyes out for next year. Mike, Terry and I already started planning it out! YAY!!!

oji

Piney
Jan 25, 2008
Browns Mills
I had a very good time yesterday! It was amazing to see the field next to the mansion filled with people dedicated to this event. As always I enjoy seeing NJPB members( Largo,Turtle, Gipsie and finally Mudboy) I was with group #12 and we were small but we hit it hard. I liked the fact that a lot of kids came along. We had 3 with us and they showed great intrest in the pines. I will definately be doing this again next year!

devilstoy

Explorer
Nov 21, 2008
lindenwold
i had a great time and alot of needed areas deff got cleaned up ! it was good to see everyone and meet some new friends

Attachments

• cleanup5.jpg
    cleanup5.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 357

LARGO

Piney
Sep 7, 2005
Pestletown
A good one.
Saw some serious stuff piled up and pulled out and My Son Sam & I had a good day together just knocking about as a crew of two in the Pestletown outskirts. We got some piles, Found some things we needed help with and found able bodies. The day was kind to us, the scenery great, and the Pic a joy. Chris, Gipsie, Oji, Mudboy, good seeing you all.
I suppose it does show a little that I'm not a good influence. Hopefully it doesn't rub off on my young. (Too late in some ways)
Terry, always love seein' ya kid, and Mike.......... good show dude. See ya next year.

g.

oji

Piney
Jan 25, 2008
Browns Mills
I forgot Chris and his son. I bet your truck is already washed! I also noticed you didn't forget the soup for the Mrs.

Chrisr

Explorer
Sep 14, 2008
Cinnaminson, NJ
I forgot Chris and his son. I bet your truck is already washed! I also noticed you didn't forget the soup for the Mrs.

WOW!!!! Pretty good assumption there, Tom!! and you are correct, the truck is spotless once again. I took it to the White Glove carwash, bought the Ultimate wash, and the guy looked at my truck and said "yer gonna need the Elite, it's on us buddy." LOL!!! The Mrs. is lucky there was any soup left. Smelled so good on the way home that if I had a spoon, I would of ate it!!

Beaniam

Sep 28, 2009
Tabernacle, NJ
Had a good time. Hidden lakes is trashed. Barely put a dent in the mess it has become. Piled bags up to cab level in my pickup and filled a bunch of jeeps. Still cans and bottles and all kinds of stuff scattered along the banks.

gipsie

Explorer
Sep 14, 2008
atlantic county
I did want to add (as exhaustion sets in...) that Mike did an awesome job pulling this together yet again... He was a most gracious host to me by sharing his cabin and one of the coolest people I have ever gotten to know.

And Terry....words can not descibe....all you have done to help this get put together....you are the best of the best! I love you girl!!!!

mudboy dave

Explorer
Oct 15, 2008
atco
opentrailsnj.org
I also have to compliment Mike on his steady success. This is a guy who really does care.
My father was taking video that day of our group and also at the dumpster site. It will air on Comcast ch 9 and Verizon ch29 on Thursdays starting 11/11 or 18th. It will be viewable in Waterford/Winslow, Washington, Buena, Monroe, chesilhurst and maybe more
http://waterfordsweb.com/
this is a huge file to download so be prepared to wait

Yellowdog

Aug 20, 2010
dave ya did a great job man..the video is really good

does anyone have pictures from the staging area?... i was handing out tickets and on the bull horn so much i never got a chance to jump on the truck and take some shots of all the vehicles

PS ..i know i'm getting old ...i slept 12 hours yesterday and when i woke up today every bone ached LOLZ:cry::rofl:

mudboy dave

Explorer
Oct 15, 2008
atco
opentrailsnj.org
Mike Pippin from the PPA was there getting a BUNCH of pictures all day from, the staging and then onto the dumpster area. He is sending me a link once he ghets done uploading everything.

Chrisr

Explorer
Sep 14, 2008
Cinnaminson, NJ
dave ya did a great job man..the video is really good

does anyone have pictures from the staging area?... i was handing out tickets and on the bull horn so much i never got a chance to jump on the truck and take some shots of all the vehicles

PS ..i know i'm getting old ...i slept 12 hours yesterday and when i woke up today every bone ached LOLZ:cry::rofl:

I have some pics from the staging area. I'll try and post them tonight. It won't be til late tho.

turtle

Explorer
Feb 4, 2009
a village...in the pines
Clean-up pics

Wow! No way to adequately describe the high, the fun, the laughter that 300+ of us shared this weekend...during and after the clean up. Gipsie gets it right when she states that it is so incredibly rewarding to volunteer and accomplish good deeds to boot! This group of volunteers came out on the most gorgeous day of the season with generous hearts, souls, and muscles! They were excited to be here and determined to make a difference in the places where we love to spend our time. Awesome to see so many kids this year with their parents. A glimpse into the next generation's appreciation of the pines.

On a personal note, I really got into spending time, (before and after the event) with folks whom I only see once a year, and meeting new folks. The social time was a huge treat and made the event even more memorable! Thanks so much.

Mike, you make it happen with HUGE heart.....Gipsie, woods & campin'----you're always packing an adventure and it's a blast being a part of them.... Mudboy, you are one determined man and greatly appreciated..... Dominic, you and your cabin clan rock.... George, Oji, Joe, Beaniam, April....and everyone on forum or not - HUGS. You are the best. Scott, we missed you and Dottie :)

So here's my pics....

the "staging area" sign-up

101_9110.JPG

101_9112.JPG

101_9117_2_.JPG

the master of ceremonies!

101_9113.JPG

There were men...

101_9141.JPG

101_9134.JPG

101_9170_2_.JPG

and women....

101_9133.JPG

and children....

101_9126.JPG

101_9180.JPG

George and Sammy checking out some of the tires they found

101_9159.JPG

the pit crew...

101_9168.JPG

the take....recycle items...

101_9230.JPG

the take....3 of these...

101_9233.JPG

Why we do it.....keepin' it nice

101_9154.JPG

101_9146.JPG

101_7791.JPG

101_9323.JPG

and this year's bonus....

Toy_collect_1.jpg

Goodnite all....
turtle

AcoApril

Oct 27, 2010
Hey Terry !!

"Terry I finally found you on here... thanks to Justin for giving me the ling.. It made me feel soo special that you included me in your comment about the clean-up.. and I wanted to tell everyone.. (after we have the discussion about lymes disease at the Piccallilli) I didn't know the guys name that I was talking to but Next Friday I go to get Blood Work done for lymes disease.. and the cleanup really just made me feel better about everything..i've been pretty down working 7 days a week and the cleanup just made my heart happy..I love you all and always feel free to contact me.. April Lynn.. Animal Control Officer #2254 aka Beaniams'/Justinss GirlFriend"

Mike, you make it happen with HUGE heart.....Gipsie, woods & campin'----you're always packing an adventure and it's a blast being a part of them.... Mudboy, you are one determined man and greatly appreciated..... Dominic, you and your cabin clan rock.... George, Oji, Joe, Beaniam, April....and everyone on forum or not - HUGS. You are the best. Scott, we missed you and Dottie :)

Ray-El

Nov 12, 2010
I also have to compliment Mike on his steady success. This is a guy who really does care.
My father was taking video that day of our group and also at the dumpster site. It will air on Comcast ch 9 and Verizon ch29 on Thursdays starting 11/11 or 18th. It will be viewable in Waterford/Winslow, Washington, Buena, Monroe, chesilhurst and maybe more

Great video, Dave! I would have loved to have some of that footage for my video. Check it out here. It's got the date for the 10th Annual 4 Wheel Drive Pines Barrens Clean-up at the end. Mark your calendars now! I'm sure it's going to be even more successful than 2009.

For computers with Flash and/or a slower connection. This one may open large. Reduce the window size so that it looks less blurry. It's intended to view at 320 x 240.

http://www.lostinthepines.com/Cleanup_Movie_2_mp4.SWF

For computers with Quicktime and a fast internet connection. Best quality version, but you may have to let it finish loading before it plays without stopping.:

http://www.lostinthepines.com/2010_cleanup.htm