Eatontown, NJ
www.benruset.com
The final result!

IMG_0509.jpg

RednekF350

Piney
Feb 20, 2004
Pestletown, N.J.
Congratulations Ben ! I have a new apprentice !
Your Holiday parties will take on a whole new twist. You might want to consult with an attorney. :)

In April'ish-May'ish, Gino's will have Chilean juice. If you have the ability to keep it cool after fermentation (I do not), you could be a year-round winemaker !

Reactions: bobpbx

RednekF350

Piney
Feb 20, 2004
Pestletown, N.J.
Well, here I am again 12 years to the day after my original post. It's wine season and Gino's in Hammonton is well stocked and now operating 7 days per week until this rite of fall is over.

I am cooking up 36 gallons of Mixed Black, Barbera and Red Zinfandel this year. Awesome food-grade buckets with gasketed lids and pouring spouts are just one of the many benefits of home wine making. :)

2021 Pricing: https://ginopinto.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/2021-Homewinemaker-juice-pricing_1pg.pdf

Get you some !!

Attachments

• Juice Bomb 2021.jpg
    Juice Bomb 2021.jpg
    730.2 KB · Views: 16
  • Wine 2021.jpg
    Wine 2021.jpg
    962.7 KB · Views: 17

ninemileskid

Explorer
Sep 14, 2014
My father and grandfather used to make wine in the cellar of their home where they had a wine press up against the main beam of the building. They'd press the grapes as much as they could, take a break and have a cigarette. They'd take a couple of more turns on the press, , take a break....this went on for a while. My father tells me during one break they noticed a small shaft of light coming across the cellar. Upon investigation it turns out they were actually lifting the house off the foundation. They (rightfully) decided they were done turning the press that day.

Last edited:

RednekF350

Piney
Feb 20, 2004
Pestletown, N.J.
My father and grandfather used to make wine in the cellar of their home where they had a wine press up against the main beam of the building. They'd press the grapes as much as they could, take a break and have a cigarette. They'd take a couple of more turns on the press, , take a break....this went on for a while. My father tells me during one break they noticed a small shaft of light coming across the cellar. Upon investigation it turns out they were actually lifting the house off the foundation. They (rightfully) decided they were done turning the press that day.
That is great story and a monumental testimony to what real men will do to have a good time together. Smoke some cigarettes, chew some tobacco and maybe wreck a house just to make a little good homemade wine. And of course, the homemade wine leads to even more rib-splitting laughter and lifelong memories, or even arrests.
I salute you ninemileskid !!

Last edited: