A good ol' fashioned music/muscians thread...

I remember we had a real good one ages ago (probably in connection with Jeff's great cd, which seems to be missing from my rack at the moment along with my Pine Baron's album). Who on here fiddles with music? Or fiddles with a fiddle?

What instruments can you play, what type of music do you play, and what music do you love? :dance:

Banjo

Scout
Apr 17, 2005
S.W. Missouri
Well I have to chime in on this one, as my screen name is Banjo. I am getting better with it, but Earl Scruggs will never have to worry about me getting better than him. Have played guitar for far longer than the banjo. Occasionally I will get out a mandolin or fiddle. My fiddle playing does not sound like I'm doing strange things to a cat anymore, but not much better. I play for fun. Now that the weather will be warming up soon, perhaps a jam deep in the pines might be fun.

Nov 27, 2007
Stockton College
i'm mostly a drummer, i've been playing drums for 5 years. guitar for 3 or 4, but i really just mess around with it. took up native american flute a few months ago.
i play drums in a metal band.. it's very fun!
i love metal, grunge, classic rock, some indie, and new age blues/jazz is definitely winning my heart. also a fan of world music and reggae.

I started out on drums, Crites, ten years ago now at least. I still pick up the sticks for "teacher band" at the camp talent show every year. I've played guitar about five years now (badly), and sing and play that in a rock/ska/punk band. I've had a two man country group for a few months, but haven't played out anywhere yet with it. Can also play some mandolin (just sold some drums and bought a new mandolin with the money, one without a warped neck like my old one...), harmonica, and a mean kazoo.