Ben Ruset

Administrator
Site Administrator
Oct 12, 2004
Monmouth County
www.benruset.com
That's not beer.

Yes it is! It won a blue ribbon!

Actually, I am a bit of a beer snob but I have no problem stepping down to a Miller High Life ($1 drafts at the Ivy in Princeton!) or a PBR if I'm not looking to get too out of control or spend too much money.

There's currently a few bottles of Smuttynose Shoals Pale Ale in my fridge, which is one of my favorite beers as well.

NJBill

Explorer
Sep 10, 2008
Hamilton (Mercer County)
Another Long Night In The Pines

Saw this passing through Friendship this morning. It was coming from the direction of Hawkins Bridge and heading toward Tabernacle. Took a ride up through Hawkins but wasn't really able to see anything where it may have occurred.

Bill

Attachments

• IMG_0837.JPG
    IMG_0837.JPG
    167.3 KB · Views: 407

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Ouch! I wonder if it was stolen? In any event, the damage looks intense.

Guy

pineywoman

Explorer
Aug 24, 2012
There's a "legend" about the crash site. Supposedly Carrenza's body was "dragged" or appeared to be behind the general store. There were also witness accounts that they saw "hoof prints" around the crash site. Linked to the Jersey Devil. My husband heard of this "legend" in his old boy scout troup.

whitewave

Nov 30, 2013
It was over the summer that my friend and I decided to drive through Wharton forest (because on a map it looked like a shortcut to our destination). Turns out that the map didn't know that the road turned into dirt and was extremely bumpy. We happened to pass the Carranza Crash Monument, so we pulled over a little so we could try to read what it said, but it was too far away so we just decided to drive away. Once the road became really bumpy, we decided to turn around. It was around 6pm, and the sun was still out. When the car was turning around, I saw lights in the distance that were bright then turned away, not low enough to be a car but not high enough to be a plane. We drove back the way we came, passed the monument again, and went onto the main highway. We drove for about the same time it would have taken us to pass the monument, when I noticed a plane flying low above the trees. I freaked out and my friend asked what was wrong. "There was a plane", I said, pointing in the direction I saw it. We passed an open field on the left hand side and we both saw it this time: a small, old looking plane that was flying really low and it looked like it was out of control. As we passed the field, we saw the plane start to head downward toward the trees. We waited to hear a crash, or see another car pull over and look at it, but nothing happened. We didn't see the plane again the rest of the way. Knowing that planes aren't permitted to fly that low, and knowing that that was how he crashed, we believe that we saw a memory of the crash.