Aerial Harrisville Photos

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
The use of a drone in this video is quite interesting even though limited.

emoo125

Thought you may all enjoy a unique perspective on what is left of Harrisville. This is clearly a very fragile site and thankfully the fence prevents anyone from further damage or possible injury. Here is some video as well:
iP8udEIY7c0

Very, very cool. Harrisville is one of my favorites - so much history and ambiance there! Each time I visit, I'm always struck by how the original residents' gardens, etc are still visible in the spots where grape vines, fruit trees and other non-native plants still manage to grow. I was lucky enough to visit it recently on a trip home to see family - my dad, my brothers and I all took a special trip to go see it again.

Thanks for posting this. It's nice to revisit it virtually too. :)

WaretownMike

Explorer
Jul 16, 2013
Waretown
I did not realize how large this structure was until looking at the Survey. It appears that all is left standing for the most part is part of the "Main Mill" which the smokestack rises through. Very interesting to see

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
the fence that is there now can be walked around unless of course they've changed that in the last couple of years.If the water was up you'd get wet feet doing it though.

Was there this past Sunday, no change to the fence. The well is overflowing, a new orange swamp in the making.

Reactions: manumuskin
Missed this the first time, it's really awesome. The wall looks so much more fragile when you're looking straight down on it.

One of these days, I'll actually remember my copy of Dellomo's book when I head out there. I only camp at Bodine Field about four times a year :beerspill: