Album Review – The Pines of My Past by Gabe Coia

Apr 6, 2004
Galloway
Thank you kindly for writing this review, Jeff (Woodjin).

I will be selling the album at Lines on the Pines at Renault Winery on Sunday, March 13th. The CD will include a fold-out map created by talented artist James Pullaro. I hope to see many of you there!

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
It is worth every penny just for "The Girl from Hampton Gate." I listen to that all the time in my car. A great song!

Reactions: pinelandpaddler
Picked it up at Lines on the Pines, finally got a chance to really listen to it (currently on its on its fourth go around... all today). At first listen, I love the feel of the songs - the sadness, the creepiness, the longing. The instrumentation on the songs is perfectly matches Gabe's voice, and the sound effects were mixed in seamlessly. I don't listen to a lot of softer music, but I'm very quickly falling in love with this album.

I think my favorite so far is "Where Did Jerry Munyon Go?"

Very well done!

PS: The piano and the fiddle... oh the piano and the fiddle...

Apr 6, 2004
Galloway
Picked it up at Lines on the Pines, finally got a chance to really listen to it (currently on its on its fourth go around... all today). At first listen, I love the feel of the songs - the sadness, the creepiness, the longing. The instrumentation on the songs is perfectly matches Gabe's voice, and the sound effects were mixed in seamlessly. I don't listen to a lot of softer music, but I'm very quickly falling in love with this album.

I think my favorite so far is "Where Did Jerry Munyon Go?"

Very well done!

PS: The piano and the fiddle... oh the piano and the fiddle...

Great compliments, Mike. I greatly appreciate the feedback.