Alfred Heston???

Espo55

Scout
Mar 24, 2011
Hey Guys;

I'm new to this site, but I was wondering if any of you have ever found a digitized version of Alfred Heston's Jersey Waggon Jaunts, it seems to be impossible to find and I've never thus had the chance to read it! It sort of disappoints me that there is so little accessible literature about a region like the Pine Barrens. I'm from Medford, but I've always loved all the information I could come across on the pines - Jersey Waggon Jaunts is mentioned in several bibliographies of other books and continues to elude me. At njpinelandsanddownjersey.com there are a few passages from the book digitized but I've only been able to find full texts for sale on sites like ebay. Do any of you know where I could find it in its entirety online for free??

Mike "Espo"

Espo55

Scout
Mar 24, 2011
Thanks, after I got bored of looking through all those internet archives I checked the library system at Rutgers (I'm attending nb), and I also checked the Burlington County library system and both of those systems carried that book and Absegami Yesteryear...there are a few esoteric titles that can be difficult to find even in libraries, but I was impressed by the collection that Rutgers holds.

Ben Ruset

Administrator
Site Administrator
Oct 12, 2004
Monmouth County
www.benruset.com
The library is going to be your best bet. I bet it's in their reference collection so you won't be able to take it out, though.

I own both volumes and honestly they haven't been much use to me in Pine Barrens history research.

Espo55

Scout
Mar 24, 2011
The library is going to be your best bet. I bet it's in their reference collection so you won't be able to take it out, though.

I own both volumes and honestly they haven't been much use to me in Pine Barrens history research.

Really? not useful? Well since i never got the chance to read it i wouldnt really know...what would you suggest i pursue if not that book?