Allaire State Park

JerseyJim

Explorer
Aug 17, 2003
Delaware County Pa.
Ben, Have you thought about a day trip to Allaire? I, like you also enjoy going there. Don't forget about the area's away from the main part of the park on the other side of I-195.

Ben Ruset

Administrator
Site Administrator
Oct 12, 2004
Monmouth County
www.benruset.com
I was thinking about it. I have never been to the other side of I-195. What's there?

I always wanted to explore the Manasquan Floodplain area behind the furnace. I believe that there's stuff to be found back there.

Bobbleton

Explorer
Mar 12, 2004
NJ
Allaire has been one of my primary sources for adventuring for years (but again, my adventuring is solely based on wildlife). I'm pretty familiar with it and would definatly be down for a trip out there. Here's a parkmap:
aspmap3.jpg
which side of 195? The side to the right has Allaire villiage and the hospital road desert and all that . . . the side to the left has the fossil cliffs along the banks of the manasquan and the railroad tracks.

-Bob

Bobbleton

Explorer
Mar 12, 2004
NJ
bruset said:
I have never been to the area outside the village.

Want to make this one sooner rather than later? How is this Sunday?

I'm down. Although--the usual time constraints hold me to going early or not at all. I dunno if that's a problem.

JerseyJim

Explorer
Aug 17, 2003
Delaware County Pa.
I have only gone Mountain Biking so I really wasn't looking around per say on the other side of Allaire, but I would be surprised if we didn't find something over there. Fossil hunting sounds good to me, I'm game.

Bobbleton

Explorer
Mar 12, 2004
NJ
Well when--i guess would be as early as humanly possible. I have work at 3, so I can't leave any later than 1:30. I'm only about ten minutes away so you guys can figure that out. I don't know the rules with Allaire villiage--whether you have to pay or not on the weekends, but if the main entrance is what everybody knows then i say we meet there--to make things a bit more simple.

Bobbleton

Explorer
Mar 12, 2004
NJ
9 sounds great to me. one thing--its supposed to rain. alot. I can live with it . . . but i dunno what everyone's opinion about that is . . . assuming it rains are we still on?

Bobbleton

Explorer
Mar 12, 2004
NJ
What about friday or saturday morning? It'll be a bit chilly both days, but the sun will at least be out . . .