Alleged vandals arrested at N.J. landmark closed due to vandalism

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Those people seem a little old to be doing that. Maybe they should reavaluate what actions they take. I just don't understand how people don't realize that you can't do anything illegal without a risk of a camera seeing you no matter where you are.

tsqurd

Explorer
Jul 29, 2015
South Jersey
To quote Forrest: "Stupid is as stupid does." Hopefully they have relocated the camera after publishing those pictures.

SKUT FARKUS

Nov 15, 2015
In a van down by the river
Reactions: RednekF350

92 Blazer Jeff

Explorer
Aug 24, 2015
GLASSBORO,NJ
AC Press article
http://www.pressofatlanticcity.com/...cle_1c3d226c-92cf-52a5-a622-ec9607da73ec.html

I too was surprised at the age of the perps. I was also surprised that they are rotting in jail awaiting a hearing because the couldn't make $1,500 bail.
Perhaps they are unemployed; since they were out woods riding and damaging fences at 2 o'clock in the afternoon on a Wednesday. ;)
It didn't say in the article but maybe they were taking the fence and posts for scrap money.

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
I wonder how much they got for this big piece of brass? As they say, "only in Philadelphia"…

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/real-time/Union-League-stairs-damaged.html

Metal thief topples staircase rail at the Union League
OCTOBER 24, 2016

Police are looking for the thief who removed a brass handrail from a curved staircase at the Union League of Philadelphia early Monday, toppling the stone balustrade in the process.

smoke_jumper

Piney
Mar 5, 2012
Atco, NJ
That was for materials, I don't think $200 buys much time for the "in-house staff". ;)
I alway thought that $200 was a very low estimate to close off the tower. Kind of like when I buy something without my wife's permission it leaves less explaining when it was cheap;)

Reactions: Boyd

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
I was told tonight that his Facebook page has a link to NJPineBarrens.com. :D

I was at a stakeholder meeting at Batsto and learned they are going to make a Enforcement App similar to the Dumping App. I told them it has to have the ability to manually put in the GPS coordinates if the user wanted to. They seemed to agree.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
You know they must have other camera's in the area to see the license plate of the vehicle they came in. I doubt they have facial recognition capabilities. This means if you go anywhere near there you have to expect they have you on camera.