Pines; Bamber area
1707740916436.png

Ben Ruset

Administrator
Site Administrator
Oct 12, 2004
Monmouth County
www.benruset.com
Try at the local level. At the Bass River Township online tax payment office I was able to look for block 109 properties. It only came back with lot 11, but there's a qualifier that says "additional lots: many, see file." The Hainses own it.

Screenshot 2024-02-12 at 8.17.10 AM.png

Reactions: bobpbx

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
I'll remember that for Bass. They didn't have one years ago when I went down there and asked at the office.

Ben, humor me. On that site, what do they have for this one. But wait, do you mean you actually had to go to the office?

1707744623345.png

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
I actually do know that is a Haines' property. I was only using those two lots in my exhibit, my complaint, to show everyone that you can no longer do simple things online because counties like Burlington and Ocean have removed the right to do that. Sad.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
I actually do know that is a Haines' property. I was only using those two lots in my exhibit, my complaint, to show everyone that you can no longer do simple things online because counties like Burlington and Ocean have removed the right to do that. Sad.

I have found that there are certain people who have less info online than others when it comes to property searching. Just saying.

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
I have found that there are certain people who have less info online than others when it comes to property searching. Just saying.
Yeah, understood. I'm just annoyed that the search is no longer structured where I can open up the one very fast online map and it gives the answer in a snap, and I'm done.

Pinesbucks

Explorer
Apr 15, 2013
Bob alot of Haines ground in the app onx is listed just as private property with no information for owner. I checked it for this block and same thing. I was up that way this fall and fresh Haines signs on the boundary. Be careful if you go up that way the bridge is gone.

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
Bob alot of Haines ground in the app onx is listed just as private property with no information for owner. I checked it for this block and same thing. I was up that way this fall and fresh Haines signs on the boundary. Be careful if you go up that way the bridge is gone.
Which bridge are you speaking of?

Pinesbucks

Explorer
Apr 15, 2013
Bob if you were to head that way from Harrisville up the Martha road there is small bridge. It has been getting worse and worse its totally gone now.

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
Bob if you were to head that way from Harrisville up the Martha road there is small bridge. It has been getting worse and worse its totally gone now.
Oh, I think you mean the one over Buck Run. That's terrible news, it cuts off a good portion of the area I sometimes botanize in. I recall that at one point they put a metal plate over the remaining boards. It's always nice being up that far. Very quiet and little traffic.

1708181757112.png

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
If it is the Buck Run bridge that is a problem. I think the FFS would want to know. And there is a piece of private property up there and they need to have access even if they don't go there. I will check and see if the state has acquired it since the last time I looked.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
I just checked and the state tax map shows it being green which usually means the state owns the lot. However, I see no record of the state acquiring it since 1986 when Betty Bloomer acquired it from Arthur Bloomer so I still believe it is in private hands. They would have to fix the bridge in my mind. Plus, we know they were going to after I mentioned it was damaged and they brought the pipe there.

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
Block 107 Lot 2A was private, and likely still is. There is a stream running under beds of sphagnum on that property which will challenge any man. You went with me one day on that one Guy. I felt it necessary in case I slipped out of sight, never to be seen again.

Reactions: Teegate

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Block 107 Lot 2A was private, and likely still is. There is a stream running under beds of sphagnum on that property which will challenge any man. You went with me one day on that one Guy. I felt it necessary in case I slipped out of sight, never to be seen again.
I agree, So if the owner wanted to get to their property the state would have to give them access.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
It is the bridge that Ted Gordon got a flat tire on and he could not jack the car so he called me. I drove all the way there and changed it and on the way out a thunderstorm of thunderstorms hit when we made it to Harrisville. The nails were all sticking out because the wood was gone.

IMG_0585a.jpg

Reactions: Boyd