And so it goes, and goes

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
Where is this. I'm sure one of you will know it. From today. Thousands of trees gone. Bam!
20210125_164319.jpg
20210125_164325.jpg

• Sad
Reactions: this_is_nascar

1Jerseydevil

Explorer
Feb 14, 2009
On Rt 72. Escapes Ocean Breeze, just West of Ocean Acres. Your right poof, gone in 60 seconds. Did you see the grinder that mulches the trees, roots and all? Think about where that colored mulch comes from when you buy and spread it around your shrubbery!

Last edited:

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
No, not Ocean Breeze.

Yes, I admit to being fascinated by heavy machinery. Really interests me. At this place the other day they were using John Deere tracked equipment to pull stumps. They'd pull them up and scatter them to be later be picked up by big shovel machinery and dumped into heavy trucks, for delivery to who knows where.

1Jerseydevil

Explorer
Feb 14, 2009
It must be close then, I see a water tower in the background. In Ocean Breeze the trees are pulled out stumps and all, laid on the ground, then skidders haul them to the grinder where they are top loaded into the rotary grinder. It is interesting until you realize what is being destroyed and how fast.

I did hesitate because I see stumps in the photo which where I'm talking about didn't have. Second guess, could this be Walters and the old town dump?

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
By the way, I walked here about 4 weeks ago. Really nice woods behind Ocean Breeze, but that new development off West Bay is quickly encountered.
1611675013133.png

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
I would not mind living in Ocean Breeze. Got the pines to escape to, the ocean close by, and all those services on east of the parkway. Plus the parkway within 2 miles or so. Can't afford it though without a partner.

Rooftree

Explorer
Mar 24, 2017
Haddon Township
I can't put all the pieces together, but my guess is the sand works on Bay Ave at the access to Cloverdale Farm. If wrong that's ok. I'm always coming back to this spot. I can eliminate this one and move on.

NJChileHead

Explorer
Dec 22, 2011
Really sad to see the land ripped up like that. Regarding Ocean Breeze, my In-Laws live in Atlantic Hills. It's a nice area.

One of my first -real- girlfriends grew up near Ocean Acres before she moved to Toms River (we dated in 1991-1992, after she had moved). We used to go visit her friends in Manahawkin. I remember when Manahawkin was quieter and not too built up, when we used to walk and explore the old lakes and woods.

Can't believe that was 30 years ago.

Reactions: Boyd

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
I can't put all the pieces together, but my guess is the sand works on Bay Ave at the access to Cloverdale Farm. If wrong that's ok. I'm always coming back to this spot. I can eliminate this one and move on.

Correct Ron. Cloverdale Farm will be their favorite hiking trail now. Which is okay, really.

Last edited:

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
Really sad to see the land ripped up like that. Regarding Ocean Breeze, my In-Laws live in Atlantic Hills. It's a nice area.

One of my first -real- girlfriends grew up near Ocean Acres before she moved to Toms River (we dated in 1991-1992, after she had moved). We used to go visit her friends in Manahawkin. I remember when Manahawkin was quieter and not too built up, when we used to walk and explore the old lakes and woods.

Can't believe that was 30 years ago.

I was really keen on Atlantic Hills for the past few years. But my daughter would like me closer to her, and I would like it too, because I want to be closer to the grandkids. She is moving into the Sanctuary. But they don't have a lot of senior communities in Medford. I saw a few in Atco, but......:(