Andrew Rider & Charles Wilkinson Stone

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
We were out this morning and came up empty. There were quite a few people out there today.

Guy

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
I need input from all of you for some idea's. I actually made "shoes" to walk around in to help us find stones and they worked semi well even though Al found all the stones. :bang: Today my legs feel like rubber and I want some different idea's.

I had an old pair of sneakers and cut two 2x4 pieces of wood the same length as my sneakers. I then screwed sheet rock screws thru the wood so they stuck out a full inch or more on one side. And lastly I screwed the sneakers to the wood in two places with a large washer and put them on. Whenever they hit stone it was very obvious and all I had to do was walk around. At first it was cumbersome, but I soon got quite good at it. However, the screws kept picking up the wet leaves and in no time they weighed a ton. This also kept the screws from going into the ground fully.

Al had some other suggestions on using this idea with a hand held device, and I will be trying that in the future. However, I like the shoes system but want other idea's that will make it easier to walk, and idea's on how to keep the leaves from sticking so much. The threads on the screws were the problem, and even nails I am sure would hold the leaves but they also may come out easier than the threaded screws which I don't want.

Here is a very short video of them. You can't see the screws but can hear them hitting the concrete. This video can only be viewed if you have the link. Nobody on youtube can view it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=afL5SmNuqqo

Any idea's to make them better?

If you see anyone walking in the woods with a shoe box.........that is me :D

Guy

Guy, I love your willingness to try things without fears of embarassment or whatever. If you have the ability to laugh at yourself, it makes life much smoother. You have that gift.

But I missed the video, I'd love to see it.

Why not contact this company? Look at shoe number 2. All they gotta do is put more on the bottom, or better yet, make the heel out of a railroad spike.

http://www.johnashford.ws/boots

By the way, the reason I looked at this website is that I bought a pair of slippers from Macy's and they fell apart in one year. I just ordered these to replace them.

http://www.amazon.com/Old-Friend-Me...=sr_1_2?s=shoes&ie=UTF8&qid=1322318155&sr=1-2

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Interesting shoe! If it finds what I am looking for I am all for it :)

The video is nothing special Bob, so you did not miss anything.

Guy

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
Guy
I just remembered that I should have a small rake somewhere out in the building.I don't know what it was originally for but it is not a regular rake.It has four tines each about an inch apart and the entire head of the rake is only four to five inches across.It would be much more manuveberable then a regular rake and not as prone to snag in the brush.it has a normal length handle.I am almost certain i still have it.Use to use it back in my herpin days to flip rocks and things so I didn't get a face full of wasps.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Bob,

I just noticed your post. I will check into those items the next time I am at the store.

Guy