Another mystery foundation

B

BarryC

To use BEHR's question: Who lived/worked here? http://www.topozone.com/map.asp?z=1...6&s=50&size=l&u=0&layer=DRG25
To the right of the target symbol there is a little square. I believe that's where there's a cellar hole with foundation walls. I always have trouble finding it on the topographical maps because the big blueberry fields on 206, north of Hammonton, aren't on the map, and I know that the road is near those blueberry fields. I think it's just a bit north of them.
From 206 the road is hard gravel and straight. Then later it turns right and becomes winding with sand. Almost right away the foundation/cellar hole is on the right. There are no trespassing signs there too. The foundation walls have at least one set of steps going down to the basement.
The road eventually comes out behind the Batsto/Pleasant Mills Church, but the bridge right behind the church is closed.
So this foundation has always had me curious. I showed it to Renee and BobM once.
Barry

Barry,

I'll have to check that out sometime. I've never been down that road. I have been down the road just north of that but have never made it through. Once was the day of the big snow with my buddies 4Runner. It leads to Constable Bridge.

Steve

B

BarryC

Rockwood?
Didn't father Beck write about Rockwood? Wasn't there a chapter called Nothin' in Nothin' in Rockwood? Or was it a different name? I don't have his books in front of me.
Barry
manumuskin said:
Barry,
Thats the old town of Rockwood there.As to the history I don"t know.Maybe someone else on here could help you with that but the location on old maps says Rockwood.
Al