Another year

piker56

Explorer
Jan 13, 2006
Winslow
And so, another year has passed. My annual birthday trip almost didn't happen this year (health, long story). I picked a perfect day, left work early and went to Batsto. The weather was beautiful and the fish cooperated. Pictures wouldn't upload (not sure why), but I had a super day on the river. I had the place to myself. Enjoy life!
Greg

pineywoman

Explorer
Aug 24, 2012
Piker try reuploading them again, All of us would love to see them. Happy Birthday!! Glad you got to spend time in the Pines for it!!

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
It is always nice to hear when someone here has a good time in the pines. Happy Birthday!

Guy

Hewey

Piney
Mar 10, 2005
Pinewald, NJ
Happy birthday! What a great way to spend your birthday every year! It's always nice when the fish cooperate!

Like Ben said, use Flickr. Super simple. I have not used the gallery to post photos in awhile. Let's see some pictures!

Chris

RednekF350

Piney
Feb 20, 2004
Pestletown, N.J.
Happy birthday Piker ! You certainly got it right when you said, "Enjoy life." Wishing you well with your health issues and I hope it is all behind you.

We had a friend die last week in a car accident at the age of 47 and we are praying for another friend who is in a battle for his life with lung cancer right now. Life is short but it is never short on surprises.
Without your health it seems that there is little in life to enjoy.

Sorry for the somber tone.
Hurry up and get those fishing pictures posted !
:)

Reactions: pineywoman

piker56

Explorer
Jan 13, 2006
Winslow
Thanks everyone. The pictures still won't upload, I'll have to check why. If they don't upload, I'll just lie and make the fish bigger. :) Health wise, I've had a challenging 18 months, but am still enjoying life! I'm hoping to be just about past those issues and fully expect to be posting birthday trip reports for many years to come! Thanks all!
Greg

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
And we look forward to seeing those reports. Oh, and the photo's too :)

Guy

RednekF350

Piney
Feb 20, 2004
Pestletown, N.J.
Greg,
Try Photobucket. I use it all the time and it has always been trouble free.

After uploading a pic, you simply hover over the photo with the mouse and you select the bracketed img code under the picture with a left click.
Then, go back to your post on this site, click where you want to insert your photo, right click and select paste.
Voila ! You have posted a picture.

pineywoman

Explorer
Aug 24, 2012
Redneck that's what I use photobucket. Piker, I pray for your continued progress with your health. I hope you can get out and enjoy life. It's short. Much love to you and your family!! Happy Belated Birthday again! I hope the fish were yummy!

piker56

Explorer
Jan 13, 2006
Winslow
Happy Birthday, Piker! I'm glad you made it to Batsto. I hope Tom was there to share it with you. Tell him I said, "Hi".

John-
Tom wasn't there on this trip, but we went out together 5 day's later. As usual we had a really good time time together! I'll let him know. Thanks,
Greg

piker56

Explorer
Jan 13, 2006
Winslow
DSCN0386.JPG
DSCN0388.JPG
DSCN0386.JPG
DSCN0383.JPG
DSCN0385.JPG

DSCN0385.JPG

Better late than never, just figuring out this picture thing. Needless to say It was a perfect day on the water.
Greg

Reactions: John and dogg57

Hewey

Piney
Mar 10, 2005
Pinewald, NJ
Nice fish and pictures! Making me wish for the warmer weather!

I like the kicking back in the canoe picture. Sometimes when I am out fishing I will find a sunny, secluded spot on the shore, beach the boat, and take a nap in my canoe.

Chris

Reactions: long-a-coming