Antique Stores

B

BarryC

On Route 40/322 in Pleasantville or West Atlantic City there is one that is in a large old Studebaker dealership. It's one of my favorite buildings out that way. It's on your left as you head West. There is also one in Mays Landing, and I think there is one or more on Route 9 in Smithville. Also there is one in a building that looks like a ship. It's on the left side as you head West From Absecon to Atlantic City on Route 30. It's just a bit west of Route 9 and then Route 157. I know the woman who runs the place. She is happy to get visitors and will give you a brochure about the place when you visit.
Also, Mullica Hill is supposed to be full of them, but that's a bit west of the Pines, and I have not been out that way.
Barry

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
There are several places on Route 38 between Mt. Holly and Creek Road. There's one I like a lot there, it's on the West Bound side of Rt 38, near Creek Road in Hainesport. It's called Country Antiques. It's pretty large and has a nice section with old books, magazines, post cards etc. Their phone is 609-261-1924.

This is not in the pines but it's quite a place if you ever get to Pennsylvania. Merritt's Antiques in Douglasville PA. Take Rt 422 to Rt 662 North. Bear left at the fork on Weavertown Rd, they are on the left. They have a website . Since I am involved with stage scenery I've used this place a lot; it's HUGE and the people there are great. Really worth the trip if you're into this sort of thing. Even Broadway designers and movies shop there.

And of course I should mention my home town, Medford NJ where there are a number of places. My favorite is Toll House Antiques on Old Marlton Pike and Hartford Rd. If you go, be sure to check out the back room which is strange stuff, as-is at generally low prices.

Ben Ruset

Administrator
Site Administrator
Oct 12, 2004
Monmouth County
www.benruset.com
Thanks everyone, I'll have to check some of those out. The one in Mays Landing sounds right up my alley.

Laura and I went to several in Red Bank yesterday. One had a bellows from a forge supposedly near Gettysburg. The bellows was nearly as tall as I am.

They also had a HUGE selection of glass bottles from NJ. I believe, however, that most of them were from the Monmouth County area and were from the early 20th century.

I kept looking for a "WaWa Dairies" bottle but couldn't find one.