any pickerel fishermen out there

strom

Scout
Apr 24, 2004
barnegat. nj
good morning guys,
old strom finally back on line..........older,and a bit rusty in the joints but still kayaking and hiking,a little..............has anyone any information on the quality of pickerel fishing in the pond off 72, on paradise road,near chatsworth.........................or how to get to that hidden pond south of 70,and south of leisure village.........their brook,friendship i think,leads into it..........its on the usgs map but there are no obvious roads to it,except the one from 70,closed off by a chain,on firelane south..............a little south of 70,near leisure village.................

woodjin

Piney
Nov 8, 2004
Near Mt. Misery
Hi Strom,
The lake near paradise road is mostly surrounded by private property with houses. The Franklin Parker Preserve might own some land on the west shore, but would not be accessable by vehicle. I've never fished it

there are several old bogs along Burrs mill branch south of 70. the only access I know of, and use is here http://maps.njpinebarrens.com/#lat=39.88989326234983&lng=-74.63485226007935&z=20&type=hybrid&gpx=
As you near the brook there is some erosion and 4x4 would help. you also have to drag your kayak a little before you meet the brook. You might want to scope it out before you haul your kayak down there. It means you have to kayak to get to the old bogs either west, or east to get to the old resivour. There are pickerel in there.

Jeff

Old Crazy

Explorer
Oct 13, 2007
Stinking Creek, NJ
I hate pickerel! This is what a 23" pickerel did to me on Friday when I couldn't locate my pliers and decided to stick my fingers down its throat to remove a lure.

DSC00010 (Small).JPG