any solo camping issues?

• Thread starter TabernacleNative
  • Start date

Furball1

Explorer
Dec 11, 2005
Florida
Elijah was on Mt. Sinai when he heard God's voice. (I Kings 19:12) It was not a voice loud or thunderous. It was a "still small voice". To look for God only in something big (rallies, churches, conferences, highly visible leaders) may be to miss Him because He is often found gently whispering in the quietness of a humble heart. The guys making a "joyful noise" may have missed out on something you had already discovered.

Apr 6, 2004
Galloway
Elijah was on Mt. Sinai when he heard God's voice. (I Kings 19:12) It was not a voice loud or thunderous. It was a "still small voice". To look for God only in something big (rallies, churches, conferences, highly visible leaders) may be to miss Him because He is often found gently whispering in the quietness of a humble heart. The guys making a "joyful noise" may have missed out on something you had already discovered.

Good stuff, Furball.

Kevinhooa

Explorer
Mar 12, 2008
Hammonton, NJ.
www.flickr.com
Camping

Personally, I'm a huge fan of camping in the pines, or really in any forest or secluded area for that matter. Usually I've only run into some other people heading into the woods to drink beer or whatever, and most people are pretty relaxed about things. Some people go into the woods for similar reasons and become really relaxed about things. When I'm alone though, I usually try to sleep in the back of my truck (has a cap). Nothing as of yet has bothered me in there, but you never know. As for tenting it alone, I've only done it a few times and it's usually been in one of the state campgrounds there. Probably more animals because of all the food, but the people are usually pretty cool about stuff. A fox can be a fun animal to run into in the middle of nowhere in the pines though if you don't know what a fox sounds like.