Doug

If you know anyone that can help, please let me know

Last edited:

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
I am in contact with Doug, and am preparing to go out there. I don't have a winch, so it will be dicey. If anyone else is going to call and help let me know. I'll check this post right before I leave.

RednekF350

Piney
Feb 20, 2004
Pestletown, N.J.
I am in contact with Doug, and am preparing to go out there. I don't have a winch, so it will be dicey. If anyone else is going to call and help let me know. I'll check this post right before I leave.
I just talked to him too Bob. I gave him a phone number for Barnegtat Wreckers.
If they don't have something capable they might have some local contacts.
I just realized where he was and Jimmy's in Hammonton won't be of help to him. i thought he was in Penn Swamp not Penn State Forest.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Here it is on Google. Not a good place to be with ice.

doug.JPG

fierodoug

Explorer
Jul 12, 2010
Browns Mills
Can't thank you enough Bob for making quick work of getting me out this afternoon!! My first time being stuck and needing assistance. Although I am more a lurker than a poster on this site, it's great to know we are all out there in the barrens willing to help each other. I should have known after the first 5 puddles on that road to retreat and take a different road. When the ice broke my R/R sank into a hole and I was done!
truckstuck1web.jpg

Reactions: Boyd and Teegate
Jul 12, 2006
Gloucester City, NJ
Can't thank you enough Bob for making quick work of getting me out this afternoon!! My first time being stuck and needing assistance. Although I am more a lurker than a poster on this site, it's great to know we are all out there in the barrens willing to help each other. I should have known after the first 5 puddles on that road to retreat and take a different road. When the ice broke my R/R sank into a hole and I was done!
View attachment 5451

There's no vehicle getting out of that own its own, unless you have a winch installed.

RednekF350

Piney
Feb 20, 2004
Pestletown, N.J.
I got him out. I brought a 10 pound sledge and shovel with me. Had to chop out the ice in back of his vehicle. The ice was about 5" thick. I used shingles under my tires. Tom (oji) was standing by on the Red road just in case.

Nice work Bob, you are a good man for coming to his aid ! Glad to hear all is well Doug.
This is also a testament to the integrity of Ben's site and the type of people who we have here; woods worthy and willing to help.

Had this been some other random internet site or maybe even Facebook, Bob could have went to Doug's location, used the 10 lb. sledge to knock him senseless, take his wallet, cover him with the shingles and head on down to Mayo's Half-way for a frosty one !

Long live NJPB !
:)

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
Ice Sucks! I don't care how bad your truck is or how awesome your 4 by 4 Granny gear is ice will get you.When I see a hole that looks like that I will turn around or get out and walk.Once you break through or even if it's already broken if your tire comes down on a nice thick piece that is tilted your done. Bob is definitely the hero of the day.Never thought of carrying a sledge,the sledge with an iron bar would even be useful at breaking pinned,submerged ice.I"ll just go down as a wuss and walk:)

fierodoug

Explorer
Jul 12, 2010
Browns Mills
Google has it listed as Baptist Road, and I fell into the Papoose Branch. I never drive through moving streams in the pines, no idea what I was thinking today. I backed up twice before finally deciding to attempt it. Just one of those days. This morning while shooting the sunrise at Whitesbog, I splipped on the edge of a bog and went crashing feet first through the ice and up to my waist in freezing cold water(air temp was only 12 as well!). Quite the exciting Pine Barrens day it was!

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
Ice Sucks! I don't care how bad your truck is or how awesome your 4 by 4 Granny gear is ice will get you.When I see a hole that looks like that I will turn around or get out and walk.Once you break through or even if it's already broken if your tire comes down on a nice thick piece that is tilted your done. Bob is definitely the hero of the day.Never thought of carrying a sledge,the sledge with an iron bar would even be useful at breaking pinned,submerged ice.I"ll just go down as a wuss and walk:)

And if they had unfortunate luck and could not pull it, it would of become a frozen fixture for the foreseeable future. Temps going down over the next week or so. Nice work!
thumbsup.gif