anyone do truck recovery? help!

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
What road? I did not look up the coordinates.

He was right here, on his merry way to Spring Hill. He had great ambitions, but that road is really horrible right now. It was even worse on the way to get him (by the old cabin lake).

Springhill.PNG

PINEY WARDEN

Explorer
Jan 13, 2012
Thanks I was just curious. I know that woods well. Its ashame how bad these roads are getting throughout the woods all over. Pretty soon were gonna need a Tank to get around I guess. :argh:

turtle

Explorer
Feb 4, 2009
a village...in the pines
Pine Barren Explorer and Vehicle Recovery Bob.:) bobpbxvr

Tom, let's remember that it's not the first time that you have gone out to assist the innocent pines wanderer either. Only difference is, that you went scuba diving instead of ice fishing. :p

Doug....the frozen ice on the road is too deceiving, making it hard to know what's under it - if it holds. Two inches? Two feet? It gets to be more of gamble when snow covers the ice. It happened to me about 15 years ago and I can recall my feeling of panic/dread. Mine was midweek and a good Samaritan happened by and offered a helping hand. So glad everything worked out well for you.....including the WB episode.
That Bob is one nifty fella'. :smug:

Terry

1Jerseydevil

Explorer
Feb 14, 2009
The day is near when the MAP plan is extended to this area. The roads I predict to remain open, Beaver Dam, Red rd [Stevenson], Sooy rd and this road which is also known as Long Causeway, but ONLY the part of it from Red rd to Sooy rd. Both Long Causeway and Sooy rd will be bulldozed as wide as Red rd, gravel applied, water holes filled. Virtually all other roads in the plains will be off limits, but no worry, anywhere else you'd like to go is only a mile + walk!

On further thought Long Causeway may be closed because of a small stream crossing on Haines property. Last year a legal and approved enduro was was taken to issue by the superintendent of Bass River because the bikes passed through this stream crossing while fully using the road. The issue was "they muddied the water" which "may" affect vegetation, this occurred in March. Think of the muddy water when a truck passes through in say July. By definition the MAP plan would probably close this road? Enjoy while you can, water holes and all.