Anyone else get much sleep last night?

LongIslandPiney

Explorer
Jan 11, 2006
It sounded like a hurricane last night into early morning with the wind sounding like a freight train sometimes. I was lucky I didn't have a power outage but alot of people did. The woods should be interesting to say the least, looks like a lot of work for the trail cleanup crews. Any word on the flooding situation down there on the shore?

LARGO

Piney
Sep 7, 2005
Pestletown
I normally sleep very deep, so much so my wife can't believe the stuff I sleep through. Last night had some highlights though that actually woke me up. We had a good blow going on for awhile with some hearty thunder to add to the din. The two combined shook the house.
We lost power for awhile. Don't know how long 'cause I didn't stress it and after a good look around to make sure all looked well I went back to bed. My boys slept right through it but it did startle up my daughter.
My little house sort of sits in the middle of a big empty, lots of open around me so I take a butt whoopin' in a bad blow, when a lot of folks nearby have some buffer(woods, other houses, etc.)
It is something that this weather covered such a huge region.

g.

LongIslandPiney

Explorer
Jan 11, 2006
We got another "big blow" coming tonight and tomorrow, I made sure I stocked up on sleep last night, it wont come easy tonight.
If anyone's going outside tomorrow, be careful! Hopefully the trails will be drier on Sunday, though I'll prob have my fair share of climbing over fallen trees. For those kayakers the rivers should be fun...:D