Anyone have a Lebanon state forest nature trail brochure?

fierodoug

Explorer
Jul 12, 2010
Browns Mills
Went to Lebanon(brendan t byrne) forest last week to test out the new canoe and walk around the pond, and found a sign on the forest office saying "office closed till further notice" Geez, is this park closing? First the campsites now the office. Anyone have a copy of the nature trail flyer they can scan? None available anywhere at the park that I could find, except the one on the bulletin board but its behind a sheet a plexiglass.
Thanx
Doug

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
Fierodoug
have the current trail map for Lebanon forest and have scanned them to my computer but cannot seem to upload them here.My email is "manumuskin@comcast.net" send me your email with the subject lebanon forest so i will know it's you and I will email the two files to you.map is too big for one scan.
Al

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
I never thought I'd say this....but it makes me kind of nervous that we seem to be losing all the authority figures in the woods. Yesderday I was along the Mullica right across from the wilderness camp, and further upstream, but obviously close to the river, somebody was holding a firing practice session. He must have fired 100 shots over an hour long session. It was loud, with a sharp report. That area is no place for that.

Pines Lover

Explorer
Aug 15, 2010
I never thought I'd say this....but it makes me kind of nervous that we seem to be losing all the authority figures in the woods. Yesderday I was along the Mullica right across from the wilderness camp, and further upstream, but obviously close to the river, somebody was holding a firing practice session. He must have fired 100 shots over an hour long session. It was loud, with a sharp report. That area is no place for that.

Firing practice is only allowed at designated state and private facilities.

Was it a shotgun or other?

fierodoug

Explorer
Jul 12, 2010
Browns Mills
That 1962 brochure was very helpfull. I explored the old Deep Hollow campground last night. I never knew it was there, and I live just down the road in Country Lakes. It's a shame so many people have dumped there. It was still a very nice walk around the old camping loop, and I'll be doing more explorering there in the fall.

oji

Piney
Jan 25, 2008
Browns Mills
Ben, I can still picture the kids smacking the mud and ice when we were out there. Doug, On Oct.2 Pemberton Twp. will be having a community day at the schools across from Deborah Hospital. There will be historical bus tours of the Browns Mills/New Lisbon area.

NJgal

Jul 9, 2010
Browns Mills
Pakim Pond Nature Trail?

Hello Everyone,

Thanks for posting the maps. I especially liked the old 1962 one.

There is a tiny nature trail that goes part-way around Pakim Pond. It has some numbered posts around it that coincide with a "Pakim Pond Nature Trail" brochure. Problem is, you're supposed to be able to pick up a brochure for this specific trail at the office - and it is closed.

The only "Pakim Pond Nature Trail" brochure we've been able to find is behind plexi-glass in the display near the pond.

Does anyone happen to have a brochure for it?

Thanks,
Beth

RednekF350

Piney
Feb 20, 2004
Pestletown, N.J.

In defense of legitimate sportsmen Bob, could it have been this privately owned rifle range known as the Sewell Rifle and Pistol Club that you heard ?
Not far at all from where you were.

http://maps.njpinebarrens.com/index.php#lat=39.73745532657015&lng=-74.7024393081665&z=15&type=h&gpx=