Anyone know what's up with these blue dog paw print signs?

lj762

Explorer
Feb 18, 2017
Bass River State Forest
There are dedications on benches all over. I assume people pay the State Park Service to do this for them, and while the ones I've seen are probably for people, I don't see why pets would be disallowed.

I know of one off-trail grave marker for a dog at Bass River SF. Of course these are not technically allowed, but since it isn't visible from the trails or roads nobody is likely to remove it.

I often come across other displays, like wreaths or flowers. Again, not really allowed, but it doesn't get taken away as litter as long as it is in good condition and tied to something so it won't blow away. No nails. No balloons! Balloons are evil.

So yes there are ways.

My guess is there were at least 50 of the blue paw prints, most of which are impossible to get off without leaving some damage. That's way over the top.

Reactions: Teegate

lj762

Explorer
Feb 18, 2017
Bass River State Forest
Not sure if you are serious or not, but I get the impression there will be no charges, no judge, no sentence.

And 2 more signs were reported today. I used your excellent maps (boydsmaps.com) to find the village they named, and to see what part of Wharton it was in or nearby.

Reactions: Boyd

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
No, I wasn't serious about arresting or charging anybody, that's why I used a smiley. But I do think this person needs to understand why what they did was wrong, and should be required to remove the signs and do some remediation. I mean... how many of us have dogs that are no longer with us? What if we all put up our own trail markers?

Last edited:

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
My favorite grave find is Ajax.