Anyone's kids attend this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

whippoorbill

Explorer
Jul 29, 2003
Bridgeton
My kids didn't attend. I had 'em down at the march in D.C. last week, where they were carrying signs calling our fine prez a fascist and comparing him to Hitler.

If the forum goes down the political road, as it seems to be leaning toward, I'm going.

NJBill

Explorer
Sep 10, 2008
Hamilton (Mercer County)
I suggest this and similar threads that are started go straight to the slag heap or just delete them. For me, this site offers a wonderful escape to many beautiful places and thoughts and anything political ruins that quickly.

Ben Ruset

Administrator
Site Administrator
Oct 12, 2004
Monmouth County
www.benruset.com
Slagged.

Countdown to people complaining that I am a tyrannical despot who does not let people speak their own opinions on the site, or that I am some sort of left-wing liberal nutjob who will blindly follow anybody with a D in front of their name off some precipice.

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
All I know is.... it ain't about the pines. :rolleyes:

"General Discussion (1 Viewing)
Talk about almost anything here. Keep it civil."

It musta been the fear of subsequent posts, or it didn't fit the 'almost' category :)

I feel honored to be a part of the slag universe.

mudboy dave

Explorer
Oct 15, 2008
atco
opentrailsnj.org
I say just let em be in the "slag". All forums have some sort of controversial section. If you choose to participate, cool. If not, cool. Just keep it out of the regular boards. just my 2 cents:D

Ben Ruset

Administrator
Site Administrator
Oct 12, 2004
Monmouth County
www.benruset.com
I say just let em be in the "slag". All forums have some sort of controversial section. If you choose to participate, cool. If not, cool. Just keep it out of the regular boards. just my 2 cents:D

The problem is that you take people who otherwise would get along well and get them arguing over politics or religion and you splinter a community for no real good reason.

As long as it stays civil and people know when to drop things, I generally don't have a problem. But I'd be upset if people developed hard feelings over some stupid topic that really is pointless to argue about on this stupid site.

Status
Not open for further replies.