apartments/condos in the pines

Nov 27, 2007
Stockton College
hello all! i am looking for a condo or apartment complex that is close to stockton college (in pomona, exit 44) and has the wonderful back yard of the barrens (or is at least very near to the woods)
any ideas?

chris

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
I believe if someone knew of one they would have posted it. I have viewed the thread at least 5 times and have no idea what is down that way.

Guy

woodjin

Piney
Nov 8, 2004
Near Mt. Misery
I used to go to stockton. I think there are some apartments if you go down Jimmy Leeds road heading east past the parkway rest stop turn off and on the left. But you are probably much better off googling "apartments in Pomona or Galloway" or something along those lines.

Nov 27, 2007
Stockton College
I used to go to stockton. I think there are some apartments if you go down Jimmy Leeds road heading east past the parkway rest stop turn off and on the left. But you are probably much better off googling "apartments in Pomona or Galloway" or something along those lines.

yeah i found some great places near by with th magic of google. thank you!

NJTaco

Oct 18, 2006
Galloway, NJ
Be careful...be very careful. There will be plenty of apartments and condos in Galloway, but in a higher (sometimes violent) crime area. "The Clubs" are nick-named "The Projects" for a reason, and it isn't a good reason. Too-frequent shootings, drugs, noise and crime issues...It just goes on and on. The Galloway police have recently added a substation there...

There are condo developments in Smithville that have a better reputation, AFAIK. Maybe try there.

Check with Residential Life in A100 (Housing 2) for current local ads for apartments, and ask your professors for help looking. Many have been here (Stockton) for a LOOOONG time, and "know people." The are bulletin boards by the mailroom, too.

What about on campus housing? Expensive, but convenient. Housing 5 is actually pretty nice, but you need to have a meal plan, IIRC.

On edit...I hope I did not offend anyone by the first paragraph...I'm just calling it like I see it. I know people (family) personally who have been, and are, living in The Clubs. This includes the murder of a member of a family with whom I am acquainted. I'm a bit biased in my judgement of this area, in other words.

whippoorbill

Explorer
Jul 29, 2003
Bridgeton
hello all! i am looking for a condo or apartment complex that is close to stockton college (in pomona, exit 44) and has the wonderful back yard of the barrens (or is at least very near to the woods)
any ideas?

chris

I'm on the Stockton college campus (job related) at least once a week -- gosh, the entire campus area has a barren-like feel about it, and some nice lakes, too. I doubt I'd want to stay in their dorms -- personally speaking, that is (preferring solitude and peace & quiet). Anyway, the previous post seems to offer some nice suggestions. I know some people who live in the area (a friend right in Pomona, for that) and I'll ask about housing. Check with some real-estate offices in the area, too -- something that fits your wishes might come up.

Bill

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
You might just try getting in your car and driving. I've seen some nice old farmhouses in the Mays Landing/Estell Manor area with "for rent" signs on the lawn. Of course that might be a little farther than you want to go. But you will often find some interesting things by just cruising and looking in your target area. That's how I found my home in the pines... :)

Also go to realtor.com, click on the Rentals tab and select the areas you like. You'll probably find something there too. Now I'm assuming that a house would be acceptable as opposed to an apartment though. With the housing crash, there are a lot of homes sitting empty which were bought by investors. I think you may find some nice deals if you look around. Good luck with your search!

LARGO

Piney
Sep 7, 2005
Pestletown
There are condo developments in Smithville that have a better reputation, AFAIK. Maybe try there.

I was going to suggest this... I've been by these many times. If they are same as I think, they look clean and have nice looking vehicles and folks around. Seems they might be a little better class of neighborhood and pretty darn close to the college. Might cost more than you want though.
Good luck.

g.