Apple is closing its Atlantic City Store

Discussion in 'Electronics Insanity' started by Boyd, May 26, 2018.

1. Boyd

Boyd Super Moderator

Another sign of how things have gone downhill in Atlantic City....

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...lose-atlantic-city-store-cutting-52-employees

“Due to a sharp decline in tourism and visitors to the area, we have made the difficult decision not to extend our lease,” an Apple spokesman said in a statement. “We are offering all of the store’s employees other jobs within Apple and we look forward to serving our Greater Atlantic City customers through our other southern New Jersey, Delaware Valley, and Greater Philadelphia area stores.”

2. ecampbell

ecampbell Piney

NJ Transit rail service to Ac has also been suspended temporally. We had plans but not going.

3. Boyd

Boyd Super Moderator

4. ecampbell

ecampbell Piney

Good events at the convention center, boat, car, Rv. The Tun Tavern and the AC Air Show.

5. Boyd

Boyd Super Moderator

As an Atlantic County resident, I certainly hope things improve. But you won't find me anywhere near there.

#5 Boyd, May 26, 2018
    Last edited: May 26, 2018
  6. 46er

46er Piney

Spent a lot of time going/coming from AtlanticCare Trauma Center when my son had his accident. Never had any problem's, although the view from his room window at night made us glad we didn't have to walk outside for parking :eek: Don't think I would go there at night, unless I absolutely had to, or Sturm came with me ;) Have used the train to get to the Convention Center, very convenient.

7. dogg57

dogg57 Piney

Maybe sports betting will help