Apple is closing its Atlantic City Store

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
Another sign of how things have gone downhill in Atlantic City....

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...lose-atlantic-city-store-cutting-52-employees

“Due to a sharp decline in tourism and visitors to the area, we have made the difficult decision not to extend our lease,” an Apple spokesman said in a statement. “We are offering all of the store’s employees other jobs within Apple and we look forward to serving our Greater Atlantic City customers through our other southern New Jersey, Delaware Valley, and Greater Philadelphia area stores.”

ecampbell

Piney
Jan 2, 2003
NJ Transit rail service to Ac has also been suspended temporally. We had plans but not going.

ecampbell

Piney
Jan 2, 2003
Good events at the convention center, boat, car, Rv. The Tun Tavern and the AC Air Show.

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
As an Atlantic County resident, I certainly hope things improve. But you won't find me anywhere near there.

Last edited:

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
Spent a lot of time going/coming from AtlanticCare Trauma Center when my son had his accident. Never had any problem's, although the view from his room window at night made us glad we didn't have to walk outside for parking :eek: Don't think I would go there at night, unless I absolutely had to, or Sturm came with me ;) Have used the train to get to the Convention Center, very convenient.