Sep 17, 2002
Jessica liked this one.

main.php

Guy

dragoncjo

Piney
Aug 12, 2005
camden county
Guy that is a very nice green snake there, a good find in the pine barrens. What would you guys that live around the pines rather have snakes or rodents running through your house and chewing your electrical wires. I'm amazed by the amount of snake haters on here....I guess people dislike what they don't understand, not everything can be fury and cute.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
I don't understand the hatred of snakes also, but seeing the rattler that Bob found hanging around that log makes one think about where they step.

Guy

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
Guy and Dragon,

I think hatred is too strong a word in this case. Several posters said they don't care for them, perhaps even fear them a bit, but not hate them. Hatred speaks of intense dislike coupled with feelings of ill will toward the snake (in example; wishing they were all dead).

RednekF350

Piney
Feb 20, 2004
Pestletown, N.J.
Guy that is a very nice green snake there, a good find in the pine barrens. What would you guys that live around the pines rather have snakes or rodents running through your house and chewing your electrical wires. I'm amazed by the amount of snake haters on here....I guess people dislike what they don't understand, not everything can be fury and cute.

I don't hate snakes, I said I didn't like them.
As for things furry and cute, I shoot most of them, skin them, brine them, smoke them over cherry wood and eat them for dinner.
:)
Scott

dragoncjo

Piney
Aug 12, 2005
camden county
I shouldn't of said hate, I was just suprised by the negative views. Guy, you do have to watch your step but it is tough to get those guys to bite you. I have stepped on one or two in pa. and the rattle goes first before they strike. It requires some effort to get bit, you really have to go out of your way. I've also heard the rattlesnakes in the pine barrens are especially docile. Scott, I had a feeling that response was coming about the fury and cute things.:)
Chris

suresue592003

Explorer
Apr 4, 2004
Browns Mills, NJ

Wondering how to type music notes on this computer keyboard? Since "I don't like spiders or snakes..." I don't like rats or mice either, fur makes no difference to me. I lived on a farm once and do not recall what kind of snake it was, but here we go...
We had 5, 1/2 dollar sized water turtles living in a bowl downstairs. Every morning we would find one turtle missing. Soon we were down to one turtle left, that is when I discovered a snake living in my parents upstairs closet. Was that snake crawling through the walls somehow, or traveling up and down the stairs at night? The thoughts of it gives me the creeps still today!
NOTE: NOT ANOTHER SNAKE TALE HERE!..............LOL..............???