Articles are going away!

Ben Ruset

Administrator
Site Administrator
Oct 12, 2004
Monmouth County
www.benruset.com
Hey all --

So it seems like 99% of people who come to the site are coming here for the forums, I've decided that - for the time being at least - that the site is going to be forums only plus the gallery and NJPB Live Maps.

So in the coming days www.njpinebarrens.com is going to redirect you to forums.njpinebarrens.com rather than show you the homepage.

I just don't have the time or energy to maintain that part of the site anymore, and without any new content showing up it just looks way too lame.

Maybe when things settle down in my life I'll relaunch it, but like I said, it's more effort than what it's worth considering that this place is known mostly for the discussion forums.

So print out/copy and paste what you want to save now.

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
Ben, Will you be actually deleting the content or just not pointing to it on this site? Would my placing a bookmark to the articles allow later reference? Thanks.

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
Too bad, cause there was some good stuff there - especially the ones you wrote Ben. But I completely understand and hope you will have happier days ahead.

BTW, nice job with the "1/4 mile appreciation station". :)

mudboy dave

Explorer
Oct 15, 2008
atco
opentrailsnj.org
I agree with Ecampbell on this. There is a lot of people new to the pines that I believe read it. i still go in there under spare time. Don't feel guilty, because one day you will be back in there. for the time being lets get some of Jerseymans stuff in there.

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
I dunno, maybe I'll keep it up. I just feel guilty for not writing more.

Ben, IMO the articles are one of the most valuable portions of your site, providing a great reference on the net to folks. It is what initially brought me to your site. It doesn't have to be a work in motion. I say keep it if it doesn't cause problems for you to leave it as a reference.

gipsie

Explorer
Sep 14, 2008
atlantic county
Thanks, Ben! Those articles are a unique and valuable part of this Forum.
And thank you for all the work you have put into the site.

Glo

Well said, Glo. I have been watching this thread with my fingers crossed. I am always doing research on things I find and see and have found the majority of my info in those articles. As a moderator for the NJFFS group and a LEO site and the admin on a site of my own, I am well aware of how much work goes into the upkeep and updates. Ben, if you need any help with anything, please let me know. I would be more than happy to help out with anything you need.

That said, I do want to give you a huge thank you for keeping this site alive and for all the hard work you obviously put into it. It is a valuable PB resource!

CorraClaire

Sep 16, 2009
NW NJ
Thanks for keeping the articles!

Hi Ben,
I am a newbie and do read the articles when I come on site, and would hate to see them disappear before I had the chance to read them all. This is a lovely place to visit, as are the real Pine Barrens, and since I do not live in South Jersey any longer, I feel that this is the next best thing!

Hope to be in Mt. Holly again soon to do some research and exploring.

Take good care!