Atco Dragway’s Closure Has Drawn More Interest In Woodland Roadway Known For Illegal Street Racing, Says Resident In Asking For Enforcement

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
  • Wow
Reactions: Boyd

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
Wow... I wonder who this guy is?....

Miller’s account is similar to one posted on forums.njpinebarrens.com, from 2015, in which an individual describes returning from his granddaughter’s dance recital in New York.

“I don't think I saw another car on Pasadena Road, the whole way from Whiting to Route 72,” the individual wrote. “It was about 1 a.m., when I got to Savoy Boulevard, and all of a sudden both sides of the road were lined with parked cars and there was a mass of people completely blocking the road. Not just a few people … maybe as many as 100. It was kind of a shock to come across this – no signs, the cars were dark, although a few people had flashlights. Someone yelled ‘let this guy through’ and people gradually opened up enough space for me to pass. This is one of the stranger things I have come across while driving through the Pines. Any idea what was going on?”

https://forums.njpinebarrens.com/threads/late-last-night-on-savoy-blvd.10597/

Was headed home on my usual route through the pines last night after attending my granddaughter's dance recital in New York. I don't think I saw another car on Pasadena road the whole way from Whiting to Route 72. It was about 1:00 AM when I got to Savoy Blvd and all of a sudden both sides of the road were lined with parked cars and there was a mass of people completely blocking the road. Not just a few people…. maybe as many as 100.

It was kind of a shock to come across this - no signs, the cars were dark although a few people had flashlights. Someone yelled "let this guy through" and people gradually opened up enough space for me to pass.

This is one of the stranger things I've come across while driving through the pines. It was more or less the area where the old ORV park used to be, around here: http://maps.njpinebarrens.com/#lat=39.8438449879156&lng=-74.49851531188966&z=15&type=terrain&gpx=

Any idea what was going on?

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Wow... I wonder who this guy is?....

Miller’s account is similar to one posted on forums.njpinebarrens.com, from 2015, in which an individual describes returning from his granddaughter’s dance recital in New York.

“I don't think I saw another car on Pasadena Road, the whole way from Whiting to Route 72,” the individual wrote. “It was about 1 a.m., when I got to Savoy Boulevard, and all of a sudden both sides of the road were lined with parked cars and there was a mass of people completely blocking the road. Not just a few people … maybe as many as 100. It was kind of a shock to come across this – no signs, the cars were dark, although a few people had flashlights. Someone yelled ‘let this guy through’ and people gradually opened up enough space for me to pass. This is one of the stranger things I have come across while driving through the Pines. Any idea what was going on?”

https://forums.njpinebarrens.com/threads/late-last-night-on-savoy-blvd.10597/

Are you talking about Miller?

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
I knew that. I just was unsure who you were referring to?

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
atcorace.jpg

Reactions: Boyd and M1 Abrams

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
In 2012 / 2013 it sold for 3 million. Nice profit.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
I wonder if they will be allowed to build anything there?

smoke_jumper

Piney
Mar 5, 2012
Atco, NJ
Last edited:

M1 Abrams

Explorer
May 4, 2023
Burlington County
@smoke_jumper

Yep, did see the other Delaware Black Horse, LLC. (Edit -- Didn't see you'd already posted a link to the second Black Horse, smoke_jumper...sorry.)

In any event, it's hard to imagine an entity plunking down twelve million dollars on spec. I guess time will tell.

Last edited:
Reactions: smoke_jumper

M1 Abrams

Explorer
May 4, 2023
Burlington County
On their information pages, the Caterpillar-related "Black Horse LLC" is listed without a comma before LLC, while the newer "Black Horse, LLC" does have a comma. Since the comma appears in the Atco deed, that would seem to support the newer LLC being the purchasing entity (or shell of the purchasing entity, or whatever -- yours truly has no expertise in such corporate mechanics.)

Reactions: smoke_jumper

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
100 N. MARKET STREET, 4THFLOOR,WILMINGTON, DE 19890

That is a parking lot. Hmmm!

smoke_jumper

Piney
Mar 5, 2012
Atco, NJ
On their information pages, the Caterpillar-related "Black Horse LLC" is listed without a comma before LLC, while the newer "Black Horse, LLC" does have a comma. Since the comma appears in the Atco deed, that would seem to support the newer LLC being the purchasing entity (or shell of the purchasing entity, or whatever -- yours truly has no expertise in such corporate mechanics.)
I don’t have much expertise in corporate mechanics either. But I did expect that when the deed became public it still wouldn’t reveal the true purpose it was purchased. This wasn’t a spur of the moment sale and was at least several months in the making. There’s still a lot of speculation out there. With the amount that was plunked down on that property I doubt it won’t be long before permits start getting applied for.

Last edited: