Atsion at Night

Ben Ruset

Administrator
Site Administrator
Oct 12, 2004
Monmouth County
www.benruset.com
I made a goal for this Thanksgiving weekend that I would take 100 photographs. That hasn't happened. But tonight I wanted to at least get some done, and try some more night shooting.

I got to Atsion with the goal of first taking some photographs of the graveyard and church. Well, the church is an extremely boring looking building, and the graveyard -- well, so I don't like being in the woods at night. Alone. You won't find me in a graveyard. Especially one that is supposedly haunted.

I tried to take some shots of the mansion, and they would have come out fine except that they were out of focus. The problem is it's too dark - you can't really see to focus on anything, and the fact that the mansion is surrounded by a fence means that I can't get a bright light on it to focus my camera. The fence is pretty much in any shot you take and looks terrible. So that was a wash.

I did get a nice shot of one of the huge trees in front of it. I call this one "Arm" - it has some interesting star trails.

normal_IMG_0005.jpg

Next was the Atsion office, which was easy since it is bathed in light.

normal_IMG_0008%7E0.jpg

Finally I drove down to Quaker Bridge and did some light painting there:

normal_IMG_0010%7E1.jpg

I also got a self portrait:

normal_IMG_0015%7E0.jpg

That was the second take - the first shot was ruined by someone driving through. Even at 10PM people drive through the Pine Barrens.

You can see the full-size shots here: http://forums.njpinebarrens.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=364

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Very nice Ben.

I am confused on the self portrait. Where is it?

Guy

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
BEHR655 said:
There are two ghostly figures on the sides of the bridge.

Steve

I see! You have to view the full size photo's to see it properly. Or I have to clean my glasses :)

Guy

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
It really spices up life to get interested in something new, like what you are doing with this type of photography.

Neato........:cool:

LARGO

Piney
Sep 7, 2005
Pestletown
Being caught in a graveyard

Interesting photo's, and the mansion with it's tattered fence & trash was a let down for me last week as well. That particular cemetary is actually kind of nice, not real busy ( I mean clutter, not presence ).
As far as being caught, I think the man might be your only worry.
Like your photo guy, you may want to bring some shots with so they do not think you are up to no good. ( lots of cemetary wierdos out there !! )
While not the photo nut, that would have been a walkabout I would have liked. No fear, I would have gladly stood vigil. I was out on Friday around 11:30 P.M. my way. Chilly but nice & quiet.
Keep the photos coming

G.