Atsion Mansion Photos

NMuscella

Aug 18, 2023
Southampton NJ
Good afternoon,

This will be my first post on the forum, my name is Nicholas Muscella and I am the historian at Atsion Mansion. I was hoping to receive some photos of the mansion, whether exterior or interior, before or during the restoration of 2008-2011. It will help greatly with my research and I appreciate any help I can get.

Thank you again,
Nick

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
Welcome to the site Nick! I don't have any photos, but there are some old threads that may interest you (if you haven't already found them). Here's a long one. There were lots of pictures, but almost none of them will display now. They were part of the forum's gallery section and, unfortunately, that was phased out long ago.

You could try contacting some of the members who posted them to see if they still have copies (which you should do regardless, since we consider the photographer the copyright holder and their work should not be used without permission).

To send a private message to a forum member, "hover" over their circular profile picture and then click the button "start conversation". But before doing that, take note of the "last seen" item which shows the date of their last visit to the forums. Many of those people are long gone, at least one of them has passed away.

Here's another thread. Again, the pictures no longer show, but @turtle is still active in the forums if you want to contact her.

Looks like a few were posted here by a current member:

NMuscella

Aug 18, 2023
Southampton NJ
Welcome to the site Nick! I don't have any photos, but there are some old threads that may interest you (if you haven't already found them). Here's a long one. There were lots of pictures, but almost none of them will display now. They were part of the forum's gallery section and, unfortunately, that was phased out long ago.

You could try contacting some of the members who posted them to see if they still have copies (which you should do regardless, since we consider the photographer the copyright holder and their work should not be used without permission).

To send a private message to a forum member, "hover" over their circular profile picture and then click the button "start conversation". But before doing that, take note of the "last seen" item which shows the date of their last visit to the forums. Many of those people are long gone, at least one of them has passed away.

Here's another thread. Again, the pictures no longer show, but @turtle is still active in the forums if you want to contact her.

Looks like a few were posted here by a current member:

Thank you very much Boyd, I appreciate it!

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
I have photos from the tour Ben had on 8/23/2009. Historian Paul Schopp and Rich Watson are in the photos. I actually can't remember the names of many of the others in the photos.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
All of these were taken on 8/3/2009

I have to admit I don't remember the names of many of the individuals in the photos. So if anyone knows who they are please let us know.

In this photo is Rich Watson closest to us in blue with I assume his wife in pink. Ben is in brown on the right and Paul Schopp is hidden mostly on the right of the column with the hat.

various.jpg

Same

IMG_2938a.jpg

IMG_2939a.jpg

Paul Schopp with the yellow whatever in his hand.

IMG_2942a.jpg

IMG_2940a.jpg

IMG_2948a.jpg

I can't remember the names from here on.

IMG_2949a.jpg

IMG_2946a.jpg

IMG_2945a.jpg

IMG_2944a.jpg

IMG_2941a.jpg

IMG_2943a.jpg

Last edited:

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
(Linking to a specific post in this thread does not work properly due to a forum software bug, but if you scroll down you'll see it).

FWIW, if you mean the 1958/2012 image, then your link correctly scrolls the page to the beginning of that post for me. But this may be specific to browser and screen size. When a thread has a lot of pictures, it is often hard to link correctly to a single post.

stiltzkin

Explorer
Feb 8, 2022
Medford
FWIW, if you mean the 1958/2012 image, then your link correctly scrolls the page to the beginning of that post for me. But this may be specific to browser and screen size. When a thread has a lot of pictures, it is often hard to link correctly to a single post.

It does not work properly for me on Firefox or Chrome across multiple platforms and devices (Linux, Windows, Android). All of them link to somewhere in the middle of one of the previous posts with the pictures of Ace Campground and Lower Forge.

Also, if it was meant to be an image embed in the moderator edit to my post above, that also didn't work...

NMuscella

Aug 18, 2023
Southampton NJ

I have to admit I don't remember the names of many of the individuals in the photos. So if anyone knows who they are please let us know.

In this photo is Rich Watson closest to us in blue with I assume his wife in pink. Ben is in brown on the right and Paul Schopp is hidden mostly on the right of the column with the hat.

View attachment 20616

Same

View attachment 20617

View attachment 20618

View attachment 20619

View attachment 20620

View attachment 20621

I can't remember the names for here on.

View attachment 20622

View attachment 20623

View attachment 20624

View attachment 20625

View attachment 20626

View attachment 20627
These are amazing! Its amazing to see the mansion open right during its restoration. Thank you!

View attachment 20616

Same

View attachment 20617

View attachment 20618

View attachment 20619

View attachment 20620

View attachment 20621

I can't remember the names for here on.

View attachment 20622

View attachment 20623

View attachment 20624

View attachment 20625

View attachment 20626

View attachment 20627
I'm in the Phillies hat and that's my now wife with me. I see @Pine Baron in there too.

I'll have to dig and find my photos from that day and see if they add to the proceedings at all, it was a great outing.

Reactions: Teegate and Boyd

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Thanks Mike. I will add that to my records and use your correct name :)

I am certain I had other photos but that is all that was in my folder. I thought I had taken a photo of the drawing of the vehicle that is reported to be the car involved in the Rider shooting. See if you have any in the building Mike. They may have told us not to photograph in there because I have nothing from inside and that is not me.

Last edited:

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Adding to this thread..... can anyone who was there clarify this? Ben had set up a date for the tour and when we got there they refused us entrance because when they arrived to open the building it was found to have been broken into. The individual or individuals had done some damage to the place. So the date was changed and we finally made it in.

With that said, it may have been a private tour for just me and Ben that was canceled and then Ben opened it up to others. Ben, can you add to this?

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
I'm in the Phillies hat and that's my now wife with me. I see @Pine Baron in there too.

I'll have to dig and find my photos from that day and see if they add to the proceedings at all, it was a great outing.
Hey Mike, I listed to your CD a couple weeks ago. Always cheers me up and makes me laugh out loud. I know you guys did not have professional engineers behind it, but I can't help thinking you need to do that again with the sound and cadence all polished up. The tunes are classic.

Thanks Mike. I will add that to my records and use your correct name :)

I am certain I had other photos but that is all that was in my folder. I thought I had taken a photo of the drawing of the vehicle that is reported to be the car involved in the Rider shooting. See if you have any in the building Mike. They may have told us not to photograph in there because I have nothing from inside and that is not me.
Finally got my files resorted (stupid 10 year old computer broke in July), I have photographs from August 2, 2009, then my next ones aren't until October 1 labeled "Return of the camera", so I'm wondering if my camera or memory card or something broke.

I remember them asking us not to take pictures, but I seem to remember that there were a few times that our guides turned around and pretended not to see while folks took photos of things (although after five kids, my memory is not the most dependable).

Reactions: Boyd
Hey Mike, I listed to your CD a couple weeks ago. Always cheers me up and makes me laugh out loud. I know you guys did not have professional engineers behind it, but I can't help thinking you need to do that again with the sound and cadence all polished up. The tunes are classic.
Nice, glad you're still enjoying it!

We had our first two recordings done professionally (second one we spent a ton of money with one of "the" studios in South Jersey) and we hated how they came out. Flat, compressed to oblivion... felt like they had no personality and that they didn't really sound like us. Probably went way too far the other way with the one you've got, but it doesn't lack for personality!

Two of the guys in the band are lawyers now, should make them bankroll an anniversary edition of the album. :)

• Haha
Reactions: bobpbx

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Finally got my files resorted (stupid 10 year old computer broke in July), I have photographs from August 2, 2009, then my next ones aren't until October 1 labeled "Return of the camera", so I'm wondering if my camera or memory card or something broke.

I remember them asking us not to take pictures, but I seem to remember that there were a few times that our guides turned around and pretended not to see while folks took photos of things (although after five kids, my memory is not the most dependable).

Thanks for checking Mike!

JWMass

Jul 23, 2023
Massachusetts
Good afternoon,

This will be my first post on the forum, my name is Nicholas Muscella and I am the historian at Atsion Mansion. I was hoping to receive some photos of the mansion, whether exterior or interior, before or during the restoration of 2008-2011. It will help greatly with my research and I appreciate any help I can get.

Thank you again,
Nick
Hi Nick,

I took some photos of the mansion around the time you're interested in. From Flickr:

September 2007

drainpipe: https://flic.kr/p/3bBvLU south elevation: https://flic.kr/p/3ciMGh south elevation: https://flic.kr/p/3deGzh porch on north side: https://flic.kr/p/49Brpa
November 2008

south elevation: https://flic.kr/p/5DMqaJ drainpipe: https://flickr.com/photos/ammodramus88/3053013040
north elevation: https://flickr.com/photos/ammodramus88/3052180527

I may have some others in my files. I'll have to look.

Best regards,

Jennifer Hanson