Atsion Mansion

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
My mom gets the CR so if nobody scans it or we don't find a link, I will scan it and post it on the weekend.

Guy

Trailhead00

Explorer
Mar 9, 2005
Haddonfield, NJ
This is great news about the Atsion mansion. I hope the state does all that it can so this treasure can be preserved. In my humble opinion I always thought the Atsion mansion was more spectacular than the Batsto mansion. Granted it is in much worse condition, but if properly restored I think it would look great. The state did a really poor job of "restoring" it before and the mansion really does not look like it originally did. I have had the oppurtunity to take a tour of the Atsion mansion and it really has that "mansion feel" inside if you know what I mean. I think that is lacking in the Batsto mansion, probably becuase it was build at different times, added on to and then totally changed by Wharton. I also happen to know Edith Farrace who his mentioned in the article. She has worked at Batsto for years and is an encyclopedia on the pines. If you have the chance to speak to her I would highly advise it, she loves to speak of the pines, the Richards and the Whartons etc etc... Hopefully she is doing okay, I know her husband just recently passed away. She is one of the sweetest people you'll ever meet.