Bad bug

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
There have been surprisingly few at my place, definitely less than I'd consider "normal", and my property includes a stream and wetlands where I spend a lot of time.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
They sprayed in my development at 3AM in the morning a few weeks back.

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
I think the spray contained mosquito food.
I have a propane fogging gun. If I do it every two days it helps. Any longer than that and they bring in recruits .

I'm no professional and I probably wouldn't take my own advice, but a scorched earth technique might work.

Scorched+earth+tactics_f32cec_6781869.jpg

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
As a kid growing up in the St. Louis suburbs in the 1950's and 60's, the mosquitoes were terrible. The town had a truck with a huge fogger and would drive down all the neighborhood streets every few weeks. All the kids would rush and get their bikes to follow right behind that truck, engulfed in the fog. Our parents thought it was amusing. We also had our own fogger that was just a bottle of "bug juice" attached to the lawnmower handle with a tube that dripped it into the muffler. That was one of my regular chores. Amazing that I'm still here to remember that! :)

Anyway, I don't know why, but there have just been very few mosquitoes at my place this summer, and I'm thankful for that.

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
As a kid growing up in the St. Louis suburbs in the 1950's and 60's, the mosquitoes were terrible. The town had a truck with a huge fogger and would drive down all the neighborhood streets every few weeks. All the kids would rush and get their bikes to follow right behind that truck, engulfed in the fog. Our parents thought it was amusing. We also had our own fogger that was just a bottle of "bug juice" attached to the lawnmower handle with a tube that dripped it into the muffler. That was one of my regular chores. Amazing that I'm still here to remember that! :)

Anyway, I don't know why, but there have just been very few mosquitoes at my place this summer, and I'm thankful for that.
did the same thing here in Dividing Creek in the early 70's

Reactions: Boyd

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
The good ole Friday night DDT truck. Killed a lot more than mosquito's. Those of us recalling it are the lucky ones :eek: