Bamber Hunting Lodge

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
I would have to say the son. The survey is not that old, most likely around 1900 or so. I will try to find the other survey I have and see if there is a date on it. That one tells exactly how many feet from the center of Blacks Bridge it is to the house. BTW, Black's Bridge is here.

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=39.87...336,-74.344043&spn=0.002997,0.005863&t=h&z=18

Guy

By the way, the beaver have damn near blocked the stream altogether. I'll bet only 25% of the original flow is now under the bridge. The road is horrible.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
By the way, the beaver have damn near blocked the stream altogether. I'll bet only 25% of the original flow is now under the bridge. The road is horrible.

We have to do a "project" then :) Jessica says we should leave it alone since it is futile.

Guy

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Jessica is very wise. She probably knows those Blacks Bridge beaver will get reinforcements from Webbs Mill. It is futile :D

I have to say it is interesting to see a massive amount of water flowing after dislodging some of it, and realizing that it would take days for all the water to empty.

Guy

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
H2O, the most powerful element on the planet, either still or moving. And the beavers know it.....

We are all doomed if they and the ticks ever form an alliance.

KeroseneCity

Dec 26, 2007
Forked River, NJ
I see this got a little off topic, so I'll continue..

Does anyone know what used to be at the corner of dover rd. and lacey rd. (north-west corner in Bamber) where there appears to be an old foundation just off the road..?

Ben Ruset

Administrator
Site Administrator
Oct 12, 2004
Monmouth County
www.benruset.com

w3504x4

Sep 20, 2009
ortley beach
bamber

my wife and i took a ride out to bamber lake and then down dover road last night, it's a new place for me and was getting dark, so i didn't go that far....but i must say, it does look like there is alot to see back here....any help would shure be apricated....i'v also done some exploring in wharton plenty of times, i just signed up today, so if anyone can give me some help on posting pics, i can post some cool ruin pics from there...thanks everyone

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
my wife and i took a ride out to bamber lake and then down dover road last night, it's a new place for me and was getting dark, so i didn't go that far....but i must say, it does look like there is alot to see back here....any help would shure be apricated....i'v also done some exploring in wharton plenty of times, i just signed up today, so if anyone can give me some help on posting pics, i can post some cool ruin pics from there...thanks everyone

For the most part it is pretty simple. Look at your post above mine and click on the link that says w3504x4’s Gallery. Once there, click on the link on the right that says upload photo’s. Follow along in the “Upload Photo” area and you should be set. Once you get the photo’s uploaded either send the link to the photo from the gallery, or put them in the post by putting
after the link. Your photo’s will then show in the post.

Guy