barren nights

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Very nice!

I wonder if we asked Santa he could tell us the location of all the old homes in the pines, and who lived there? If anyone would know it would be him! He has to have a list somewhere.

Guy

whippoorbill

Explorer
Jul 29, 2003
Bridgeton
Thanks for the compliments.

I was surprised to see a few other vehicles wandering the sand roads last night; the hour, Christmas eve.

While Santa jingled ...

IMG_2983s.jpg

IMG_2998s.jpg

skit

IMG_3009s.jpg

IMG_3008s.jpg

IMG_3007s.jpg

friendship

Bill

ChrisL

Oct 18, 2007
Hauntingly beautiful!

The evening and nightime shots really get to me. My wife and I walk at night when we camp out.

whippoorbill

Explorer
Jul 29, 2003
Bridgeton

This is a thumbnail of the meanest, baddest tree in the pine barrens. Click on it if you dare! I'd show it here full size, but I'm afraid I'd scare your kids. :) This thing actually walked, sorta like those tree-things did in "The Lord of the Rings." I followed it for a half-mile or so down the Batona Trail before it ate my peanut-butter-and-jelly sandwich, which is when I decided to call it a day. (Actually, the thumbnail represents a negative image of the real thing, which is over at my gallery -- in negative form, this stalker looks as mean as it was).

I'll never go to the barrens at night again.

LARGO

Piney
Sep 7, 2005
Pestletown
This is a thumbnail of the meanest, baddest tree in the pine barrens. Click on it if you dare! I'd show it here full size, but I'm afraid I'd scare your kids. :) This thing actually walked, sorta like those tree-things did in "The Lord of the Rings." I followed it for a half-mile or so down the Batona Trail before it ate my peanut-butter-and-jelly sandwich, which is when I decided to call it a day. (Actually, the thumbnail represents a negative image of the real thing, which is over at my gallery -- in negative form, this stalker looks as mean as it was).
I'll never go to the barrens at night again.

You are a very strange man. However you take insane pictures that are like no other. What else was in the PB&J sammich?
Some how I think it's B/S that you'll not go out at night again.
Keep the pics coming.
g.

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
Strange, but beautiful ... ay, mates?

IMG_0347alts.jpg

skit (again)

Thanks for looking,

Bill

Suitable for framing. Absolutely oustanding photo-art. Bill, I would really be interested in getting a copy of this framed. This one really touches me. I can't tell you how many times I have stumbled out of the swamp bordering a stream, only to confront a similar view (with natural colors of course). Contact me via PM if you fancy a sale.

whippoorbill

Explorer
Jul 29, 2003
Bridgeton
IMG_0483alts.jpg

cedar, somewhere

Bill

edit: I notice, above, that I've caused Bob's and George's posts to "x"-up. This happened when I relocated a couple of photos in a different album. Sorry, guys.