Batona Trail

Frolickin

Explorer
Apr 21, 2003
Millville, NJ
rdowens.net
I hope this is the proper forum in which to ask this.

Does anyone have a track of the entire Batona Trail that could be shared? A TOPO! track would be fine as would most formats. I think I can convert from most.

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
This reminds me. I have an old map of the trail. I think it was put out in about 1972. The guy on the cover looks so much like me at the time that its scary. I look at it and say, damn, that IS me! I'll dig it out and scan it. It was before the trail was lengthened beyond Batso.

Does anyone else have one that old?

PS: Ben or Guy, suggest this be moved to, what, General Discussions?

Batona said:
I hope this is the proper forum in which to ask this.

Does anyone have a track of the entire Batona Trail that could be shared? A TOPO! track would be fine as would most formats. I think I can convert from most.

Do you need a track or just a map? If you need a track you can make your own. There is a free program called USAPhotoMaps that you can use to creat your own.

Steve

Frolickin

Explorer
Apr 21, 2003
Millville, NJ
rdowens.net
BobM said:
Steve, I'm betting that is a damn hard thing to do for the Batona Trail.
Exactly! I was kind of hoping someone may have already done the hard work. :rolleyes:

The track would be best, but if all that one has is an electronic map, that would be a start.

I appreciate it.

woodjin

Piney
Nov 8, 2004
Near Mt. Misery
The ranger stations at basto and lebanon and I imagine atsion have a foldout type map of the batona trail. It is not real detailed, since the batona trail covers such a large area, but it is accurate. I would think that this map would most likely be available on one of the state forests' web sites. Hope that helps.

Jeff

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
That's a really nicely drawn map, thanks for posting it! I like it a lot more than the brochure they currently distribute. BTW, was looking at the brochures on a recent visit to the office at Lebanon. They have put little stickers on the maps and plaques on the signs to list Dick Codey as governor. How nice to see our tax dollars at work! :-0

Frolickin

Explorer
Apr 21, 2003
Millville, NJ
rdowens.net
Those are nice maps, Bob. Thanks. I guess I'll just have to walk the entire trail to get a track. There is a track exchange server for TOPO!, but surprisingly, no one has posted the Batona. Mostly North Jersey trails are listed.

Thanks!