Batsto Question

Chrisr

Explorer
Sep 14, 2008
Cinnaminson, NJ
Hi All,

posted this in General Discussion but recieved no replies, so I'll try here. Probably the more correct forum anyway.

I belong to a Corvette Club and we would like to get pictures of our cars for our website which is going to be re-vamped soon. I was put in charge of finding a spot to have the pictures done. I made the suggestion of going down to Batsto when the leaves turn. Everyone thinks this is a good idea, plus we can make a nice day trip out of it.
May question is does anyone have any suggestions as to some places in that area that would be good to photograph?? My main concern is that I don't want to park on the side of the road if at all possible.

Thanks for your help in advance!!

Chris

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
You may need to ride around that area just as the leaves are starting to turn and decide what location will look good in a week or so. Then go for it.

Guy

LARGO

Piney
Sep 7, 2005
Pestletown
Chris,
Which club?
I used to be with the Original Garden State Corvette Club. We teamed up with Medford Lakes Vettes occasionally. I got away from the club thing because honestly it's very catty and I just want to ride.
Guy is right... fall is major for Vette & Nature together. My personal favorite is to be near lake, pond or stream in a shot. Don't knock the roadside shot, depending on where you are that can be cool. Just that right turn on a bend near a structure or river, who knows? For a lot of cars in one pic you probably will need a sprawling area like Batsto. Hey man I ain't no photographer so rock on and like guy said, scope it out. I've had my vette 20 years now and always enjoyed out on those back roads, down the shore, by the lakes, outside the pic, oop, does that count? Anyhoo, along the way I've gotten some nice shots of the car in and around the big woods.

g.

Chrisr

Explorer
Sep 14, 2008
Cinnaminson, NJ
Thanks for the replies guys!! I appreciate it!

Guy - I was thinking of going down a couple weeks before and scouting out the area for some nice spots, and maybe get a little walking time in the pines also.

Largo - I'm with the Classic Corvette Club of Moorestown. We're a pretty laid back group. About 15 active members. I used to belong to a couple car clubs years ago and lost interest because of the catty stuff also. This club is OK though. We're sponsoring a show at Classic Chevy Oct. 5th if you'd like to swing by.

When we decide when and where we're going I'll let you know. Your more than welcome to join us!!

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
Speaking of roads in the Pines, can any of you guess where this road is? It is a very cool little road, and I stop here often to just enjoy it:

watermark.php

BlueMoonMuskrat

Explorer
Sep 12, 2008
lovers lane! haha, are you refering to the one in green bank?

and by the way, the idea of photographing corvettes in the pines is awesome in my opinion, i'd love to see how the photos come out. good luck

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
My first thought was Lovers Ln in Green Bank as well... though the landscape looked more along the lines of sections of Stage Rd. Just the road didn't match.

You think like me :)

Guy