batsto run

andy1015

Explorer
May 4, 2007
The put in at hampton is that first small bridge after the furnance? Also has anyone done that run recently, should the water be high enough? Im actually planning on taking the trip tommorrow. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Have kayaks not canoe. Thank you

ICANOE2

Explorer
Sep 30, 2007
Browns Mills
I haven't done the Batsto yet. But was told there is always plenty of water.
Bring extra clothes in a dry bag just in case ya take a swim.
Have a safe trip!
Take lots of pics and let us know how your trip went........Mike

andy1015

Explorer
May 4, 2007
It was a great trip. Although we ended up doing quaker to batsto. The water was plenty high aenough and it seemed like it was running well. That is the first time i did batsto, i really liked it. Only saw to people at the very end. Also after the trip helped to pull a guy who was stuck out. That took 2 hours. But all and all a good day. Sorry no pics, i dont have a camera.

ICANOE2

Explorer
Sep 30, 2007
Browns Mills
It was a great trip. Although we ended up doing quaker to batsto. The water was plenty high aenough and it seemed like it was running well. That is the first time i did batsto, i really liked it. Only saw to people at the very end. Also after the trip helped to pull a guy who was stuck out. That took 2 hours. But all and all a good day. Sorry no pics, i dont have a camera.
Sounds like you had a nice trip, maybe the last nice day for a while.

LARGO

Piney
Sep 7, 2005
Pestletown
It was a great trip. Although we ended up doing quaker to batsto. The water was plenty high aenough and it seemed like it was running well.

Glad you enjoyed it! That is a nice stretch if you're gonna do a first Batsto run. A good mix of squirrely turns and quiet stretches. At times with swamp to either side, you can feel pretty remote. When you get to the lake it's really worth it. Good day for you!

g.