Bear Swamp Article

B

bach2yoga

Guy,
I enjoyed reading that article, thanks! A lot of research (and some money! :p) went into that, it was very informative.
Renee

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
bach2yoga said:
Guy,
I enjoyed reading that article, thanks! A lot of research (and some money! :p) went into that, it was very informative.
Renee

Glad you liked it! Thanks.

Guy

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Thanks for the compliment.

Good Luck finding it. You may want to wait until the fall. It is hard to find this time of year.

Guy

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
Guy,

Thanks for the research and the posting. Good work. I have a couple comments/questions:

a.) I could not figure out exactly why the Air Force refused to pay. Some sort of obscure ruling that if a flyer damaged property in a flyer's home state while on Air Force business, they are somehow exempt?

b.) I still believe there is more to this than meets the eye. What are the mathematical odds, I wonder, of hitting the tower on routine bombing runs?

bob

Ben Ruset

Administrator
Site Administrator
Oct 12, 2004
Monmouth County
www.benruset.com
I think it's because the Air Force Reserve people are technically employed by the State, the Air Force, as a federal agency, isn't responsible for damages the reservists cause.

So since it was a state employee that crashed into the tower, it's the state's job to pay for the damages.

As for the odds of hitting the tower, don't forget Murphy's Law.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
BobM said:
Guy,

Thanks for the research and the posting. Good work. I have a couple comments/questions:

a.) I could not figure out exactly why the Air Force refused to pay. Some sort of obscure ruling that if a flyer damaged property in a flyer's home state while on Air Force business, they are somehow exempt?

b.) I still believe there is more to this than meets the eye. What are the mathematical odds, I wonder, of hitting the tower on routine bombing runs?

bob

Bob,

I have come up with another article on the crash and it mentions that he was flying in formation with other planes and just pealed off and crashed. I would have to get the USNG or Air Force report on what the final cause was determined to be to know the answer.

Guy