Bear Swamp, Cumberland County

glowordz

Explorer
Jan 19, 2009
SC
www.gloriarepp.com
What a trek. An infinite variety of shots. Incredible trees.

Somehow, Whip still has a lost look about him. Good thing you were there, Alfie. Thanks to you both.

~Glo

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
That area has some really nice trees for sure! Lets hope nobody ever thinks about building in that area. Thank you Bill and Al for the adventure!

Guy

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
It's all about the trees ...

[how long have you had that signature file?That was definitely us back in the day.mark twain is my main man.I always wanted to be huck finn.Tom was too cultured for me,but then again it was always him who got the girl and he had more of the explorer about him which i like but Huck was still Mr. Cool

Environmental wackos! Did you see em? Treehuggers and kissers.They probably spiked the trees and mined the swamp.

I wish i could talk to those trees.They coul;d settle this creation evolution debate once and for all.Their old enough to know.Every bit of 4283 years old i bet.One had a sign next to it "Planted by Noah"
Alfie

whippoorbill

Explorer
Jul 29, 2003
Bridgeton
I shot almost 200 photos today. Only 50 made the cut here. Ha! Thanks, Gloria & Guy, for the compliments. We paid quite a physical price getting where we got.

Alfie, we're not environmental wackos. People hug and kiss trees all the time ... especially those who have been married a long time, like us! :) I'm listening to the audio recording made today. The mics picked up the sand plant like it is next door. Guess we're going to have to do this again, when the plant isn't in operation.

Words can't describe how beautiful Bear Swamp is. Hopefully the pics tell the story.

Whip

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
I keep telling you what we did here in nj is only a civil union.If you really want to put a ring on my hand we have to go to massachusettes and if our wives find out about that there will be hell to pay.You would think mine would have caught on when she caught me in her green negligee that time and I asked her if it went with my eyes.
Alfreda

whippoorbill

Explorer
Jul 29, 2003
Bridgeton
h2.jpg

whippoorbill

Explorer
Jul 29, 2003
Bridgeton
Okay, I'll bite. How did you do it?

--G

Gloria,

I don't think Alfie was fishing for a bite, here. As a matter of fact, it appears he was offering me a compliment ... probably the second time in his life this has happened. Al didn't think it was possible to capture in photographs the essence of the size of the trees in Bear Swamp. Seems he's a believer now. He who has no faith! :) Anyway, the challenge proves rather simple. All one has to do is bring along somebody with renowned behemoth-ic proportions, such as Alfie, and set him up in front of the gum or maple one wishes to bring to size. Anything that makes Alfie look tiny ... well, 'nuff said.

Whip

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
Gloria,
Anyway, the challenge proves rather simple. All one has to do is bring along somebody with renowned behomothic proportions, such as Alfie, and set him up in front of the gum or maple one wishes to bring to size. Anything that makes Alfie look tiny ... well, 'nuff said.

Whip

Thats it!The weddings off! Your a mean,nasty,vicious man! Now look what you've done.My mascara is running.I hope your proud.
Alberta

glowordz

Explorer
Jan 19, 2009
SC
www.gloriarepp.com
Thats it!The weddings off! Your a mean,nasty,vicious man! Now look what you've done.My mascara is running.I hope your proud.
Alberta

Now I'm a bit confused. I thought it was Alfreda. This could get complicated, Whip . . . Whip? Whip? Beware the super-duper varve buster. Both of 'em might have one.
--G

whippoorbill

Explorer
Jul 29, 2003
Bridgeton
Okay. Time to test the tree experts on the forum. In the photo collage below, Alfie and I have each successfully reached first base with a large tree. However, one of us has a partiality to maple, the other gum. Anybody good enough to detect our preferences from the photos?

treehuggers.jpg

Whip

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
Okay. Time to test the tree experts on the forum. In the photo collage below, Alfie and I have each successfully reached first base with a large tree. However, one of us has a partiality to maple, the other gum. Anybody good enough to detect our preferences from the photos?

Whip

I can! Do I count! OOOOHHH (hand raised) Pick me Pick me!
Alfie/alfreda/alberta

glowordz

Explorer
Jan 19, 2009
SC
www.gloriarepp.com
Okay. Time to test the tree experts on the forum. Anybody good enough to detect our preferences from the photos?
Whip

Great question. I can only guess. Tree experts, we're waiting. :)

I can! Do I count! OOOOHHH (hand raised) Pick me Pick me!
Alfie/alfreda/alberta

[teacher's voice] : Alfreda, honey, I'm so glad you want to contribute. But let's allow the others to have a turn, okay? . . . Yes, of course you count! Here's a tissue.

Glo