Bears

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
If you remember, there was one on Savoy years ago in a tree on the property of one of our members here. It was on the news. He came out his door and it was up there moving around.

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
They are all over and there is plenty of open land in that area. It is spring sighting season. I have seen tracks along the Toms River, near the hospital.

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
That mean one reminds me of Me. We both have about 60 seconds of Hell in us and then we conk out.Last fight I was in lasted about 60 seconds and then I was standing there with my chest heaving same as that bear.We'd make a good match.He has better and more teeth so I git a knife as an equalizer.I think He m ight even have a few pounds on me too,maybe?

• Haha
Reactions: Boyd
"Man vs Bear"

New show on Discovery channel---- no, you can't make up anything this stupid.

Predictions:
1) Fatalities when guys with less I.Q. than testosterone seek out grizzlies in zoos, national parks and find out that wild bears are hungrier than Bart, the human-raised bear on the show. One contestant is a woman---- see, you guys don't have a monopoly on dumb!

2) Park rangers, state and federal, have to extricate these idiots and deal with bears hurt, made more aggressive by the interaction.

3) Smartest bears realize our species is a great protein source.

4) Survivor or family of someone killed sues the Discovery channel.

Lets see what happens.

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
No need to worry about bears, Garmin will save you! :siren:

Good thing the batteries were fresh ;)

Remember Tim Treadwell? He lived among them in Katmai for 13 summers, until they ate him and his girlfriend at the end of the 13th. Unlucky I guess. IMO, anyone traveling in big bear country should carry active protection alongside the passive stuff, and know how to use both effectively.

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
Good thing the batteries were fresh ;)

Remember Tim Treadwell? He lived among them in Katmai for 13 summers, until they ate him and his girlfriend at the end of the 13th. Unlucky I guess. IMO, anyone traveling in big bear country should carry active protection alongside the passive stuff, and know how to use both effectively.
But they were Timmys friends

Reactions: MuckSavage