Beaver's

Apr 6, 2004
Galloway
I wouldn't mind seeing a bit less of them, but the trapping method seems like it could spell trouble for any dog or manumuskins playing in the water.

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
That looked like a connibear 220,strong enough to break a mans arm. One of them ever hurts my Sophie it would be interesting to see where I could make it fit.They set them usually along the waters edge where a trail goes down to the water.Just the place a dog or a person would step down into the water as well.The location is supposed to me flagged but many trappers do not flag their traps and wisely so because they come up missing like game cameras and deer stands.

RednekF350

Piney
Feb 20, 2004
Pestletown, N.J.
I found a 110 in the middle of a WMA woods road today down in Estell Manor. It was apparently dropped accidently by a trapper. It was properly tagged so I posted on a trapping site to see if I can return it to its rightful owner.

In NJ, body grippers (Conibear is actually a registered trademark of Oneida Victor) have to be submerged in water and an owner's tag has to be visible above the water line.
330's are what most beaver trappers use.

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
I have found snares in the woods,never have found leg holds which are illegal now or connibears.I hope I see the tag before I step.I do not handle pain well.It would definitely be a last catch for that trap.

PINEY MIKE

Explorer
Jan 30, 2009
Bamber Lake
I dont mind hunters trapping beaver at all, but why would our legislature be the ones determining this all year open-season on these critters. Seems like they'd be the last group to know anything about their numbers and effects on the environment. I dont always agree with fish and game, but I'd much rather them make this call then our suits in Trenton.