Beer (again)

Sue Gremlin

Piney
Sep 13, 2005
Vicksburg, Michigan
I played the grooves right out of that album. It is a mixture of rockabilly, western swing, and boogie-woogie. If you know "Asleep at the Wheel", you know what I mean. I loved that band too.

I do know Asleep at the Wheel. I....I must find that music.

I miss cover art, we don't get that with MP3s anymore. It's sadly gotten to be a lost art, hasn't it? That was almost half the fun of getting a new record. Half was listening to it, 49% was reading the jacket and inserts, and 1% was the way the jacket smelled. :)

PINEY MIKE

Explorer
Jan 30, 2009
Bamber Lake
If you know "Asleep at the Wheel", you know what I mean. I loved that band too.

Saw them for the first time when Willie, Merle, and Ray Price came around. Got turned on to them and hear them all the time on my Serius. They remind me a bit of Bob Wills and the Texas Playboys.

PINEY MIKE

Explorer
Jan 30, 2009
Bamber Lake
Scott,

Troeg's Nugget Nectar is around again. It's still good, but a buck more.

Theres been a lot of interesting articles in the past year or so on the price of beer going up, especially IPAs and ESBs. Apparently, much of the world's hops come from Europe and Australia, with the U.S. pretty damn paramount for our domestic brews as well as exporting. With Europe having one of the wettest years last year, and Australia experiencing all those droughts that made headlines, the hops that made it through these obstacles are definaley going to go up in retail. In the last few years, the U.S. began a nation-wide effort to get farmers of hops (as well as barley) to switch to more bio-fuel friendly crops, such as corn for ethanol. I dont think its feasible to say the Obama Admin. will stop or digress from these efforts, which I think is a great thing, however, we should all get used to the price of beer going up. Now some of those PBR and High Life posts seem more understanding and economical. For me, Ill keep spending what I can for the good stuff until I just cant afford it. Cheers.:guinness:

PINEY MIKE

Explorer
Jan 30, 2009
Bamber Lake
Does anyone here hit the Celebration of the Suds Beer Fest in Atlantic City. I went the last year they had single sessions. I picked up the standing room only train here in EHC. The woman conductor was dreading the return trips with cars packed with drunken men.
It was waaaay to crowded to really enjoy the festival. Now that it's been split into 2 four hour sessions each day, I wonder if it's less crowded?

We were supposed to go this year, but a concert came up and we spent money elsewhere. Dont know if you drink wine at all, but theres an awesome festival they have each year called the Grand Harvest up at Alba Vineyard in NW Jersey (in the foothills). It comes right around the begining of fall. Live music, food, and all the wine you can drink for like 15 or 20 bucks. We also make some wine in our backyard that comes out great tasting. We should have a drunken piney party sometime.