Beer (again)

NJBill

Explorer
Sep 10, 2008
Hamilton (Mercer County)
Not sure if this is anything worthwhile or that anyone has tried or if mentioned prior but there is a place in Freehold where you can make your own brew on premise without having to make any major investment. I have not tried it but a good friend of mine makes a few batches a year. You can also make your own wine there I believe.

http://www.brewapp.com/howitworks.htm

Bill

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
Not sure if this is anything worthwhile or that anyone has tried or if mentioned prior but there is a place in Freehold where you can make your own brew on premise without having to make any major investment. I have not tried it but a good friend of mine makes a few batches a year. You can also make your own wine there I believe.

Bill

Now that would be cool!

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
I told a guy in a liquor store I wanted something smooth, and not so piney hoppy. He suggested this, and it is very good. I could not hide the bottle that well. Extra points if you can tell me what the phrase is under the album title. This is a great album by the way.

MARSMED.JPG

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
The last time Jessica and I was at Bob's house, we walked over to his recycle bucket and checked out the bottles. We were going to take a photo of all the bottles to help you all in this thread, but he returned before we could do just that. Sorry we could not help you :)

Guy

Oct 25, 2006
I told a guy in a liquor store I wanted something smooth, and not so piney hoppy. He suggested this, and it is very good. I could not hide the bottle that well. Extra points if you can tell me what the phrase is under the album title. This is a great album by the way.

MARSMED.JPG

Ugly rumours is my guess.

Apr 6, 2004
Galloway
Ye olde Sammy Smith's. Don't think I've had the organic ale, though I've seen it around here and there.

Sammy's IPA was the first I ever tried, and I did so at the ripe age of 21 at the recommendation of my college professor (I did learn something in college afterall).

oji

Piney
Jan 25, 2008
Browns Mills
Red and white, Blue suede shoes, I'm Uncle Sam, How do you do Great answer James! Did you hold it upsidedown in front of the mirror? Or were you guessing the beer?

Oct 25, 2006
Red and white, Blue suede shoes, I'm Uncle Sam, How do you do Great answer James! Did you hold it upsidedown in front of the mirror? Or were you guessing the beer?

I still have that great album, yes i held it upside down, i had to find it though where my oldies are hidden, i forgot what it said.

Jim

PINEY MIKE

Explorer
Jan 30, 2009
Bamber Lake

Bill
Been there. Came out excellent, but that must have been 8 years ago. Nice place and they use 16 or 20 oz bottles, I forget which, but they were nice and big. You can choose from many types of beer. We did some porters and stoudts. The longer we let the cases sit the stronger the % got. I'd send anyone to that place who likes beer and is interested in the brewing process. Id like to do it at home one day, but we already do backyard wine, so I havent found the time yet.

long-a-coming

Explorer
Mar 28, 2005
Berlin Twp
Samuel Smith brews are great and not as "sharp" as many of the loaded bombs we break out at our get togethers. I love everything they make.

Bob go to archive.org to hear the final two Spectrum shows from this past weekend. The Saturday show was really good. Didn't make it inside but cruised the lots Fri. and Sat. It was a nice crowd. Uncle's John's Band and St. Stephen among others...

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
Samuel Smith brews are great and not as "sharp" as many of the loaded bombs we break out at our get togethers. I love everything they make.

Bob go to archive.org to hear the final two Spectrum shows from this past weekend. The Saturday show was really good. Didn't make it inside but cruised the lots Fri. and Sat. It was a nice crowd. Uncle's John's Band and St. Stephen among others...

Sad...its over, right? I saw Led Zeppelin, Little Feat, George Harrison, Lou Reed, and The Dead there.

long-a-coming

Explorer
Mar 28, 2005
Berlin Twp
Damn Bob you saw some amazing shows there!! Yes thats probably it for them there! Warren Hayes from Gov't Mule really kicked ass giving it an "Allmans" feel at the same time playing the Jerry role well. I saw Yes there and they were great live. The final concert at the Spectrum will be Sept 30 and they have not announced the act as of yet, leaving everyone in suspense. Rumors have the Boss taking the stage on Sept 30 but he just played there. Another rumor says Pearl Jam, who knows? Tell you what buddy if they talk the Dead into coming back before they blow the place up let's go! Another rumor is the place will be leveled on New Years Eve! (not with The Dead inside Scott!!!:)