Beer (again)

Kevinhooa

Explorer
Mar 12, 2008
Hammonton, NJ.
www.flickr.com
And speaking of Music

There are two bands that I'm particularly fond of for drinking in the pines. Iron and Wine and The Appleseed Cast. They are both newer bands, a little modern, but great for some serious relaxing. And if I didn't have to work tomorrow, I would probably be out in the wilds doing just that right now.

Kevin

Oct 25, 2006
http://www.straubbeer.com/

I just returned from my friend's house who is selling his Jeep and he just turned me on to the above beer that i have never heard of, it is only sold locally though.

He is going to see his daughter who lives up around Williamsport, Pa. next week and i told him to get me two 24's.

Jim

PINEY MIKE

Explorer
Jan 30, 2009
Bamber Lake
On the last kayak trip I made, I was supposed to bring some beer and forgot (I know....how?) but, I made it along and all of a sudden I see to my right, in the weeds an unopened can of beer still stuck in the six pack holder. Now I don't go around eating garbage, but this was beer. In the river still no less. I checked the date on this discarded Miller Light (I know, I know, but I was in the middle of nowhere) and it said april 16th. Good enough for me, I drank it, wasn't too bad, and about 20 minutes later found another one with the same date on it. Two free beers from the river gods. And I cleaned up three things that would have otherwise been litter in the river.

Kevin

We run a couple canoe trips each year with about 30 people. When the canoes tip, so do the coolers. We try to be careful ,but theres always a few jerks who try to tip everyone.

PINEY MIKE

Explorer
Jan 30, 2009
Bamber Lake
There are two bands that I'm particularly fond of for drinking in the pines. Iron and Wine and The Appleseed Cast. They are both newer bands, a little modern, but great for some serious relaxing. And if I didn't have to work tomorrow, I would probably be out in the wilds doing just that right now.

Kevin

What type of music? Rock, country, bluegrass?

Hewey

Piney
Mar 10, 2005
Pinewald, NJ
My new brew of choice is Rogue american amber ale. I had one of dotties(rednekF350s wife) Rogue dead guy ales at wading pines after the pbx trip and it was some good brew. I had a beer tooth this past weekend and went to get some dead guy and the american amber ale was next to it so I gave it a shot and it is as good as dead guy. I think my Yuengling days are over.

RednekF350

Piney
Feb 20, 2004
Pestletown, N.J.
My new brew of choice is Rouge american amber ale. I had one of dotties(rednekF350s wife) Rouge dead guy ales at wading pines after the pbx trip and it was some good brew. I had a beer tooth this past weekend and went to get some dead guy and the american amber ale was next to it so I gave it a shot and it is as good as dead guy. I think my Yuengling days are over.

Welcome to the expensive beer club my man.
My wife is hooked on Dead Guy at $11.99 a sixer.
I need to sneak some Old Kilwaukee into some Dead Guy empties.
I keep comparing it to buying a beer in a restaurant at $4-$5 a bottle and it makes me feel better.

BTW, I tried Sierra Nevada Summer Ale this weekend and it is very good. Clean and crisp.
Gonna pick up some more this weekend.

Hewey

Piney
Mar 10, 2005
Pinewald, NJ
Scott, what was that first beer you let me taste? That was real good.
I let Tracey try some of the rogue and she told me it tastes like a rubber tire.

Apr 6, 2004
Galloway
rednek said:
Don't feel bad for my sons, they alraedy have champagne taste and high standards.

I was referring to their depleting college funds. ( :

Troegenator, eh? You are a well-rounded man, enjoying both the hoppy and the malty beers.

Hewey

Piney
Mar 10, 2005
Pinewald, NJ
but this fine brew is spelled ROGUE,
Thanks, I will spell it right next time.

Troegenator, thats what it was. I forgot the name but remember what the bottle looked like. They did not have it at the spirits in Forked river.

long-a-coming

Explorer
Mar 28, 2005
Berlin Twp
Right now enjoying an ice cold Stoudt's Double IPA by myself in my dark downstairs family room. My mind is clear except for occasional disruptions of my mind toturing itself thinking about the homer A-roid hit off Lidge earlier today. Other than that horrific thought, life is pretty good right now and I am pretty much at peace with myself. I return to work tomorrow but that is several hours away....... For now I'll just sip on this beautiful beer described by Scott's son Mike as "The best beer I've ever had." in June 2008 on the "Big Hike" I'll have to agree with you on that one Mike! Damn this is a great beer!

Peace brothers.
Tom

RednekF350

Piney
Feb 20, 2004
Pestletown, N.J.
Took a five day weekend this past weekend down the shore and the bride and I tried a few new beers while drowning clams in D Bay.

The report:

Flying Fish Exit 4 Limited Batch
$9.00 for a 25 oz bottle (ouch) and not quite as good as a Stoudts Double IPA.
My wife hated it but I found it tolerable to good.

Flying Fish Farmhouse Summer Ale
Two thumbs down.
My wife said it tasted like dirt which is a spot-on description.
A carbonated, dirt flavored ale ?
I don't know what they are thinking with this one.

Sierra Nevada Summer Ale
Found this in a liquor store in the Villas.
Very good, fresh tasting and highly poundable with the summer fishing atmosphere.
Will buy more soon.

Southern Tier IPA
A+
One of the most drinkable and refreshing IPA's around.
The ACME down the road from my trailer has an amazingly good micro selection and they had three varieties of Southern Tier.
Going back for more this weekend!!

Disclaimer: Do not drink and fish.
:)