Beer (again)

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
You better keep the location top secret or someone may be there you don't want :) And I am not talking about me :)

Guy

Hewey

Piney
Mar 10, 2005
Pinewald, NJ
I found Troegs at a liqour store in town this past saturday night so I picked up a six pack of troegenators and a pint and a half bottle of Rogue Northwestern ale. Four Troegs and the bottle of Rogue and I was in another world, That good beer packs a punch.

I want to try the Rogue juniper beer this weekend. Any one ever try that?

Chris

RednekF350

Piney
Feb 20, 2004
Pestletown, N.J.
I found Troegs at a liqour store in town this past saturday night so I picked up a six pack of troegenators and a pint and a half bottle of Rogue Northwestern ale. Four Troegs and the bottle of Rogue and I was in another world, That good beer packs a punch.

I want to try the Rogue juniper beer this weekend. Any one ever try that?

Chris

4 Troegenators? @ 8.4% alchohol each and then the Rogue ?
Yee Hawww !
That's the equivalent of 8 regular beers or a case of Girls Light.

As for juniper beer, never had it but it doesn't sound too good to me. I don't like gin and gin is made from juniper berries so I would pass on that myself.

long-a-coming

Explorer
Mar 28, 2005
Berlin Twp
Hewey that is a heavy load of high octane brew bud!

If you can find any Lagunitas (California brewery) snatch it up it goes quick.
Lagunitas Correction Ale 2009 was very good at around 6% or so
even better was the Hop Stoopid at 8%

I have yet to see it in stores but they do a Frank Zappa line like Lumpy Gravy etc.

Apr 6, 2004
Galloway
Tom and Scott and others,

Have you tried Lagunitas Undercover Ivestigation Shutdown? I had the pelasure of drinking it from the tap at the Devil's Den in Philly recently. Phenomenal.

RednekF350

Piney
Feb 20, 2004
Pestletown, N.J.

Have you tried Lagunitas Undercover Ivestigation Shutdown? I had the pelasure of drinking it from the tap at the Devil's Den in Philly recently. Phenomenal.

I am on it sir.
I'll check Canal's Berlin and the Rio Grande store. Rio has a lot of things that Berlin doesn't have.
I bought Barbancourt rum there last weekend and Berlin didn't carry it.

long-a-coming

Explorer
Mar 28, 2005
Berlin Twp

The names they have are freakin' hilarious. With the correction ale 2009 it was an economy theme: 401k...301k... "we're all bozos!"

Oct 25, 2006
The names they have are freakin' hilarious. With the correction ale 2009 it was an economy theme: 401k...301k... "we're all bozos!"

I by reading your and Gabe's posts plus Scott's and Ben's on the different Brews was wondering if these different Beers are available in Roger Wilco's and Canals, or just in small Mom and Pop Liquor Stores ? I will have to check out the Wilco's and Canal's on my next trip to the Pines.

Jim

Oct 25, 2006
Jim, the more bizarre the name of the beer, the less chance there is that it is carried by a small store.

I will have to start trying the higher octane varities of the Brews that you mention, of course when the cash flow is available, the things that impress me about your selections is that it seems that you are drinking a rare fine exotic Wine. I feel that Yuengling Lager might become a thing of the past in my itinerary.

Jim

RednekF350

Piney
Feb 20, 2004
Pestletown, N.J.
I will have to start trying the higher octane varities of the Brews that you mention, of course when the cash flow is available, the things that impress me about your selections is that it seems that you are drinking a rare fine exotic Wine. I feel that Yuengling Lager might become a thing of the past in my itinerary.

Jim

To test Yuengling , buy a six pack of mix and match micros from Canal's in Berlin.
Make sure your mix and match sixer at least has a Troeginator, a Stoudts Double IPA and anything from Dogfish Head or Lagunitas in it.

Throw your car keys out the window and pull yourself up some floor.
Open your Yuengling and any of the micros.
Taste the Yuengling and then the micro. Finish the micro and open another.
Drink, belch and repeat.

You will rapidly conclude, as I have, that the Yuengling tastes like sour water with bubbles.
It's a shame, I used to like Yuengling too.
Thanks to Gabe, I now spend most of my disposable income on tasty high end brews.
Even my wife can't give up the $11.99 a six Rogue Dead Guys.
Pity.

PINEY MIKE

Explorer
Jan 30, 2009
Bamber Lake
To test Yuengling , buy a six pack of mix and match micros from Canal's in Berlin.
Make sure your mix and match sixer at least has a Troeginator, a Stoudts Double IPA and anything from Dogfish Head or Lagunitas in it.

Throw your car keys out the window and pull yourself up some floor.
Open your Yuengling and any of the micros.
Taste the Yuengling and then the micro. Finish the micro and open another.
Drink, belch and repeat.

You will rapidly conclude, as I have, that the Yuengling tastes like sour water with bubbles.
It's a shame, I used to like Yuengling too.
Thanks to Gabe, I now spend most of my disposable income on tasty high end brews.
Even my wife can't give up the $11.99 a six Rogue Dead Guys.
Pity.

Yah, but its still pretty easy to start off with Yuengling and not have any complaints keeping with it the whole night. Once you throw a good micro in, forget it. Its also tough to keep with the heavy stuff all night. After 6 or 8 Im ready for something a little lighter. And trust me, I love my good beers as much as the next guy.

long-a-coming

Explorer
Mar 28, 2005
Berlin Twp
Thats what I said after the bottle of rogue was done and I had to go out and sit on the poarch and get some fresh air and the poarch started to spin like a carnival ride.

Chris

Step right up folks its the wonderful magical Troeginator Spinning Whirly Bird ride, buckle your seat belt and hold on!!!! I've been there man!

Jim,
I've never been in a Roger Wilco but driving by a few they look like big warehouse type stores probably with a good selection. Total Wine and More in Cherry Hill is another good one, along with my friendly neighborhood Canal's

Oct 25, 2006
Step right up folks its the wonderful magical Troeginator Spinning Whirly Bird ride, buckle your seat belt and hold on!!!! I've been there man!

Jim,
I've never been in a Roger Wilco but driving by a few they look like big warehouse type stores probably with a good selection. Total Wine and More in Cherry Hill is another good one, along with my friendly neighborhood Canal's

Wow, Total Wine And More i think is where my friend George and his Cousin pick up their half keg of Coors Light for $65.00, i will ask him to check out the Beers the next time he goes, he tells me the place they get the Beer is at the Cherry Hill Mall, so maybe it is the place.

Jim

RednekF350

Piney
Feb 20, 2004
Pestletown, N.J.
Hops and Grapes in Glassboro is supposed to be a great store for the micros.
I have never been there but I know a few guys who go there and they say it is a great place.

Oct 25, 2006
Hops and Grapes in Glassboro is supposed to be a great store for the micros.
I have never been there but I know a few guys who go there and they say it is a great place.

Another wow from me as my friend who lives in Tabernacle that we visit was born and raised in Glassboro, he visits his daughter who now resides in his former boy hood home, i will get him to check out that place of spiritual delight the next time that he goes there.

Thanks Scott and Tom for the tips.

Jim

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
Throw your car keys out the window and pull yourself up some floor. Open your Yuengling and any of the micros. Taste the Yuengling and then the micro. Finish the micro and open another. Drink, belch and repeat.

:)

You make me laugh out loud sitting right here in my living room.

I actually have Miller and Coors Light in the fridge right now. I like a light beer more often than not in the summer. Ain't ashamed to admit it. The other beer is fun, but its too heavy and expensive for me to do it all the time.