Beer (again)

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
I've always had a love for European and British beers. Yes, I do drink Miller, but I usally have two beers at night, and the first one is from across the sea, usually. Depends upon funds sometimes. I got this one tonight, and really like it.

1644634795158.png

Gibby

Piney
Apr 4, 2011
Trenton
Sam Smith is a great Yorkshire brew! I usually have the nut brown ale in the fridge but I do enjoy the lager and pale ale. Another great British ale is Green Jack Baltic Trader.

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
I treated myself to a six pack of each of these for Christmas, my two favorite German beers. Both are only 4.8%, but the amount of hoppiness is perfect, not strong, just perfect in my opinion. And they both have a wonderful head in the bottle. Try it.

When I was about 19 my brother gave me a few cans of 3.2 beer. He was in the Air Force. It had nearly no effect on me, and I was skinny.

The oatmeal is great too; boil for 1 minute, then put the top on and let it sit for 2 minutes. Done. And not pasty like here in the US for some reason.

IMG_1173 (002).JPG

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
Well, they even served that 3.2 beer in the University snack bar, I was 19 as a freshman. But that stuff was terrible. We would go out of state on road trips to places where the drinking age was 18, like New York. Maybe Washington, DC? Can't remember...

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
"The past year saw the lowest level of beer consumed in the U.S. in a generation, according to industry group Beer Marketer's Insights, as consumers shifted away from traditional favorites to other forms of alcohol — and in a growing number of cases, avoiding alcoholic beverages altogether."

This caught my eye, because I've also been drinking much less beer recently. Not any kind of a health kick, it's just that the older I get, the more I dislike the way I feel the next morning. Not talking about a serious hangover or "hugging the bowl", it just makes me feel worse than I would otherwise. I think much of it is all the snacks I eat along with the beer. Gonna put some wings on the grill and have a couple beers anyway tonight though! :guinness:

Last edited:
Reactions: bobpbx

RednekF350

Piney
Feb 20, 2004
Pestletown, N.J.
I am drinking an Icarus Higher Still triple IPA right now. 10.8% ABV. Just how I like my beer. Why drink six when three will do ? :)

If you haven't tried brews from Icarus, especially straight from their flowing taps in bucolic Lakewood, NJ, please hurry. Research, and history in general, have proven definitively that we will all be dead soon. The beer is really that good.

Happy New Year everyone!! Buuuuurrrrp. ;)

icarus IMG_4532.JPG