Beer (again)

Apr 6, 2004
Galloway
Yikes. Their lager is darker than I remember it being. I think you threw me for a loop with your curious comment about it being 3/4's of the way to being a guiness stout. :D

Apr 6, 2004
Galloway
Bobpbx said:
...its not what I'm looking for. I want something milder, smoother.

A sage once said something like, "It might just turn out to be the case that once you have finally found what you're looking for, you will find that it's no longer what you're looking for." That much has been true in my search for the true brew.

I'll keep trying

attaboy :)

long-a-coming

Explorer
Mar 28, 2005
Berlin Twp
I've always (well not always) admired Brooklyn Brown Ale. After trying the Brooklyn Lager I think it packs the same punch as the Brown Ale. Its got that serious bite, that big league quality. I might take down 2 Brooklyn Lagers followed by a Saranac Lager or two.

Right now enjoying a Victory Prima Pils- That went down way too easy. Plenty of flavor, but at the same time very suttle.

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
I artfully procured a new six pack tonite. I really like it. The bottle is a clue.

BEER326.JPG

PS: I was really getting into that whosyourgarden too.

Nov 12, 2007
atlantic county
ahh

I stand corrected Leinenkugels Honey Weiss is that it??????? hmmm sounds interesting like I said I love belguim and German style beers I just wonder how the honey ties into the taste ill have to try it even though you say its good how can i be sure your advise is valid gabe tells me your a "Champagne of beers" drinker lol

ICANOE2

Explorer
Sep 30, 2007
Browns Mills
I stand corrected Leinenkugels Honey Weiss is that it???????
I think you rite with the Honey Weiss.
Earlier today I googled "The Pride of Chippewa Falls" and came up with the Auburn Ale, but I just found out it's no longer made.
I had the Honey Weiss last week when the store was out of the Sunset Wheat, it was ok, but not something I would want to buy again.....Mike

long-a-coming

Explorer
Mar 28, 2005
Berlin Twp
Yes, bingo!

It is the Leinenkugel's honey weiss. Pricey, at $8 something. But I like it.

But still, the search goes on for PERFECTION!

Perfection is unattainable. But if you chase perfection you can catch excellence. My high school football coach gave us an inspirational speech and used that quote. Not sure where it originally came from. It didn't work, we couldn't even catch mediocrity. We sucked.
Can you tell us the significance of the framed picture in the latest installment. Is it a type of fern?

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
Can you tell us the significance of the framed picture in the latest installment. Is it a type of fern?

It is a white cedar branch. My former wife painted a bit. She has a certain style that I really like. I still have a few of her paintings on the walls, and I am on friendly terms with her. Life is challenging enough without carrying bitterness along with you.