Beer (again)

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
Tom and Steve, you got it right. I followed the directions on the bottle to get the head, but I overdid it. My evaluation of this sensory experience:

A very interesting taste, very smooth, and with an immediate kick. I drank one more last night, ice cold and right out of the bottle. Very enjoyable. I am a bottle man. The only complaint (minor) I have is the spice taste. I like a beer to be more "beery". Is that a word? I'd like a bit more bitterness.

But thanks, it broadened my brew knowledge.

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
Now that's the attitude to have. You gonna try some Otter Creek Vermont Lager next?

I have another brew to try tonite. I'll see if you can guess it by the color again. No peeking till then. I normally don't have my couple of toddy's till after 8 pm or so (unless you twist my arm with sausages, cheeses, potato chips and tailgates).

Okay my friends, what is this I am drinking tonite:

HARVEST2.JPG

Hey, Bob—that deer engraved on your mug looks identical to the logo for the Atlantic County Game Preserve. Would you happen to be a member there?

Just curious.

Best regards,
Jerseyman

Mar 10, 2008
A great site for beer suggestions and reviews is ratebeer dot com. If you're ever looking for a certain style suggestion it's sure to be there.

ChrisNJ

Explorer
Jan 31, 2006
Medford
"I am beginning to think that the Lagunitas brews are the best beers I have had this century or the latter part of the last century. How is that for an accolade? Or is that alcolade?"

I also love all their beers, particularly the Censored and Brown Shugga' , wow they are yummy. Actually at the last Fall Family Float Fest at Smithville park in October I was pouring the Censored on tap, had to get the wife to come get me cus it was soo good :-P

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
Jerseyman, no, I don't belong to the club. That mug was a birthday gift 25 years ago. Somebody had the strange idea I liked the woods. Fancy that!

Here is tonites sample. I like it better than last nites.

BEAR2.JPG

long-a-coming

Explorer
Mar 28, 2005
Berlin Twp
Bob- this is a blast man! And the ambience in the background is nice too!
I'm thinking you took the advice of someone earlier in this forum and say.............................. Newcastle brown Ale

Apr 6, 2004
Galloway
That's a healthy head on that beer, Bob. I love the picture in the background. Why don't you give us some verbal descriptions of the beer, such as mouthfeel, nose and taste?

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
That's a healthy head on that beer, Bob. I love the picture in the background. Why don't you give us some verbal descriptions of the beer, such as mouthfeel, nose and taste?

It is on the malty side, with a hoppy smell. There is a definite bitterness to it, you can taste it right in the center of your tongue. In fact, though interesting, it is too bitter for my usual tastes, but I would put in into a class of beer that a beer lover would like. Sort of like 3/4's of the way to being a guiness stout. Son of stout if you will. Junior Stout.

I'll give you a clue. ____ Dodgers.