Beer (again)

Bachman's Ivory

Explorer
Oct 27, 2009
Hazlet, Monmouth County, NJ
Chouffe Houblon Dobbelen IPA Tripel

This was sublime. The Belgians really know how to capture my heart.
5346799068_a5546eba3b_z.jpg

"A unique marriage between the English tradition of IPAs, the new American revolution of Imperial IPAs and the classic Belgian way of brewing. Houblon Chouffe, although very much hopped as it is, showcases the unique balance between a very strong IPA and a very special Belgian Tripel exclusively created for this ale (Big malty body, distinct dryness, expressive estery fruitiness). - IBU: 59, Original Gravity: 1092 "

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
So Jennifer and I were driving tonight not far from home and she noticed a bunch of car in a piece of crap building that seemed unusual. She saw a sign out front and with a little phone research she found this place. It is only open on Friday and Saturdays and does not have TV's. Just home made beer and good conversation about beer.

Make sure you check out the beers.

http://lunacybrewingcompany.com/upcoming-events/

Reactions: long-a-coming

dogg57

Piney
Jan 22, 2007
Southern NJ
southjerseyphotos.com
beer.jpg That's how Genesee Cream Ale (the brainchild of this brewery) became an American original. Today, every batch of Cream Ale is skillfully brewed to achieve its smooth character and a remarkably creamy white head worthy of its name.I enjoy this on tap and in bottles

Reactions: bobpbx

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
So Jennifer and I were driving tonight not far from home and she noticed a bunch of car in a piece of crap building that seemed unusual. She saw a sign out front and with a little phone research she found this place. It is only open on Friday and Saturdays and does not have TV's. Just home made beer and good conversation about beer.

Make sure you check out the beers.

http://lunacybrewingcompany.com/upcoming-events/

I mention this to Rob from work and he informed me he knew about the place. Last night he wrote this to me.

I went there today to fill up my growler just to check the place out. What an interesting place. It was packed.

enormiss

Explorer
Aug 18, 2015
Atco NJ
Did some touring yesterday in a rental van LoL

Village Idiot
getPart-1.jpg
getPart-3.jpg
getPart-5.jpg
getPart-6.jpg
getPart-8.jpg

Attempted Flying Fish (closed 6pm) and Berlin Brewery (private party), been to both before anyway
Double Nickel is huge with multiple indoor corn hole games

mountainbikemax

Jun 19, 2011
Ohio
Anyone every try heady topper or sip of sunshine? Hands down my favorite beers. Easier to get locally though I enjoy Victory Hop Devil and Founders All Day IPA.

Reactions: Chordate

tsqurd

Explorer
Jul 29, 2015
South Jersey
Anyone every try heady topper or sip of sunshine? Hands down my favorite beers. Easier to get locally though I enjoy Victory Hop Devil and Founders All Day IPA.

During the winter, I spend a lot of time in Vermont. These beers, especially Heady Topper, are even difficult to find there. Need to watch delivery days and act quickly. Lawson's is a bit easier to come by.

Chordate

Jul 5, 2016
Hammonton
A fresh heady topper came close to ruining all other beers for me! Can't say i've tried the sip of sunshine; who makes it? Been enjoying Troegs Jo.vi.al (Belgian style dubbel ale) and two evil geyser gose.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
The girls and I were on vacation for the past week, and as she did last year Jennifer purchased 6 beers at random and planned on drinking one each day. Unfortunately, two of them were so bad she gave up after tasting 3 of them. Here are the 6 she purchased.

a.jpg

This is the only one that was even worth considering of the 3. Beer is really repulsive.

b.jpg

enormiss

Explorer
Aug 18, 2015
Atco NJ
I had Franziskaner and Stella before, no complaints about either
Haven't yet but probably would like the Hoegaarden too!

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
The one on the left is a Mexican beer. That was really bad. The Czech beer was only slightly better. Jessica said she tried the Stella and it tasted like a skunk.

RednekF350

Piney
Feb 20, 2004
Pestletown, N.J.
Eeee gads ! What was she thinking ? Not a drinkable beer in the bunch, in my not so humble opinion.
I can't stand wheat beers or beers made with Belgian yeasts and you got a few there..
Maybe she should have tried local craft beers, like Long Trail. The have some good brews.
http://longtrail.com/home

For next time, here are the best beers in Vermont according to Beer Advocate:
http://www.beeradvocate.com/lists/state/vt/

mountainbikemax

Jun 19, 2011
Ohio
A fresh heady topper came close to ruining all other beers for me! Can't say i've tried the sip of sunshine; who makes it? Been enjoying Troegs Jo.vi.al (Belgian style dubbel ale) and two evil geyser gose.
Sip is made by Lawson's finest liquids. Not as hard to find as heady topper but still pretty much have to be in vermont.

Reactions: Chordate

rc911

Explorer
Apr 23, 2015
Cream Ridge, NJ
I didn't look through all 41 pages of this thread to see if I'm duplicating a post. If I am, I apologize. If this is new information on the thread, Beer drinkers will love the link to an awesome website. The optional membership on the site seems well worth it and has already been requested for my November birthday. It also comes as a mobile app which I find very useful.

https://newjerseycraftbeer.com/

Jason Bladzinski

Explorer
Feb 15, 2014
Avenel
Gabe,

You know that I like my Miller High Life. To my tastes, it is smooth and mellow, but with enough body to be considered "beer". And though your motto is "life is too short to drink cheap beer", I like it despite the low price.

I was in the Liquor Store in Whiting yesterday, as I wanted something similar, but with a bit more body. They had so many brands in there it was confusing. They must have had 90 different beers, from Denmark to Erie Pennsylvannia.

Do you have an opinion for something I can try that is smooth and mellow, with good body, with no bite or unreasonable dark color? I also am not looking for something they dump spices into to make some sort of silly "holiday", or "seasonal" blend.

I ended up buying Bud in the longnecks cause I remember in the old days of my youth that after drinking one I had the tendancy to say to myself..."you know, this is pretty good beer".
Allagash. Try it.